One

What is the first thing that comes to mind with the word spy? Is it someone who saves the world? A certain character from an anime, movie, or TV show? What about a false family? No? Not at all?

Well, this story is about two spies who were assigned to the same job, but in order to do that...they had to make a fake family.

No, the spies were playing husband and wife. They were more along the lines of...husband and babysitter. To explain further, the first spy, let's call him Loid or his codename: Twilight, was assigned to Operation Strix. In order to bring peace to Westalis and Ostania he needs to approach a paranoid political leader of an Ostanian warmongering party. And in order to do that he needed to create a fake family; meaning he needed a wife and child.

He successfully managed to acquire both: Yor Briar and Anya. Together they became the Forger family. Unknowist to all, besides Anya, Loid isn't the only one with a secret. Yor is an assassin and Anya...she's a telepath. So whatever the duo was thinking, she knew. And it excites her to be in a family with a spy dad and an assassin mom.

Loid did have another person in mind to play his fake wife, but, sadly, she was on another mission. Yet, when she returned, he requested help from her. He wanted her to play the role of the maid/babysitter since the rich families of Eden Academy all have one, which is a perfect cover-up for her.

Meet Charlotte Frost, or Charlie for short, codename: Midnight. She works with Loid at WISE along with her older sister, Fiona. Everything Charlie knew she learned from Loid. Loid was her mentor through it all and she looks up to him. So, when he asked for her help she jumped the chance and said yes. The toughest part of the mission...letting Fiona know.

Fiona was completely in love with Loid and took everything he said to heart. So, imagine her reaction when Charlie informed her about the mission. She could practically feel Fiona strangle her the day she called. Using coded words the other would understand in case someone was recording their call.

"Sister, I got those fresh strawberries you love so much from the market." (I just got home and I'm already assigned to another mission.)

Fiona smiled through the phone, though she knew her sister too well. "Thank you. I've been craving some since this morning." (What are you leaving out?)

"Good thing I've stopped by. I wanted to bake a cake but we ran out of mix." (Twilight asked for assistance. I'll be working with him until it's over.)

Charlie had to move the phone away from her ear as she heard Fiona cry, "We're out?!" (You're working with him!)

Charlie had to reassure Fiona that she had no romantic feelings for Loid, whatsoever. Don't get her wrong, when she first joined WISE, she had a teeny tiny crush on Loid but after spending so much time with him, Charlie knew he'd never reciprocate her feelings and got over him. Fiona knew about Charlie's crush and tormented her during training because they were love rivals until Charlie said she could have Loid. Even spending time with him, now, Charlie thought of Loid as an older brother. 

The cover story to Yor and Anya is that Charlie is his coworker's sister and she needs a job. Since Anya is a telepath she gasped when she heard that Charlie is another spy, which made her excited. When Charlie met Yor, she took a liking to the fake wife. Of course, Loid told them that Charlie knew everything and was OK with playing along.

Which brings to today. Charlie was cooking dinner for the Forgers while cleaning the house in between. Apparently, Yor's younger brother, Yuri, heard about the marriage and was beyond furious that he never knew. He invited himself to dinner at the Forger's to congratulate Yor on her marriage, but in reality, he just wanted to get a better look at Loid. To see if he's worthy enough to be Yor's husband.