Two

Yuri quickly grabbed the bottle of wine and said, "Oh, hey, I brought some wine." One of his plans was to get Loid drunk so Yor could see the kind of man she married.

"I'll get you two some glasses," Charlie said as she grabbed two from the cupboard, directing it at Loid and Yuri. "It'll be unprofessional of me to drink while I'm working. And I was told to keep Yor from having any liquor." She grabbed the bottle from Yuri and began pouring the wine.

Yuri glared at Loid and asked, "So...how'd you two meet?"

"Umm," Yor stammered. "At the place, you know... the boutique on Third Street. I was like 'Wow, this man is really staring at me, huh?'"

Loid gave a convincing smile while adding, "I mean, I was just charmed by her beauty." Charlie noticed the nervous sweat on Loid's forehead as he thought, It sounds like this topic is going to get us caught. I need to change the subject. "Then we started having lunch together and really hit it off."

Yuri wasn't too pleased and narrowed his eyes. "Lunch? When? Where? How many times? I want the names of the restaurants," he shot out one by one. "How many trysts were there? Who proposed?"

Half of Charlie's face turned blue and she watched Yuri shoot one question after the next. This is reminding me of an interrogation, she thought.

"What do you two call each other?" Yuri pushed.

Does it really matter to him? Charlie wondered.

"Uh, Yor, I guess," Loid answered.

Yuri looked at Yor in shock. "Yor?! BUT THAT'S OUR THING!"

Charlie tried to suppress her laughter. But that's her name.

Yuri was shaking as he asked his sister, "D-D-Don't tell me you call him LoiLoi or Loidy?"

Yor blushed at the question and stuttered, "Huh? What?"

Unable to hide his shock and jealousy any longer, Yuri grabbed his glass, chugged it, and kept refilling it. "AH, LOIDY! AH! DAMN IT!"

Charlie rushed over and grabbed the bottle from Yuri. If Yor's a bad drunk, then she fears the kind of drunk Yuri is.

"I just call him Loid, like normal," Yor tried to calm her brother.

"Would you like some water, Yuri?" Charlie offered.

She could see the light blush across the bridge of his nose as he leaned back in his seat. He looked at Charlie and saw her worried expression. "You're so pretty," he slurred.

Loid narrowed his eyes at Yuri before telling Charlie, "How about you join us, Charlie? Yuri's here for a family dinner. We are childhood friends so that makes you part of the family, too."

Yuri didn't even hide his glare at Loid and thought, Why is he so nice to her? He better not be cheating on Yor. This will be a good reason to execute him. His gaze kept flickering back and forth between Loid and Charlie. Does she have feelings for him, too? I don't understand what the big deal is about him. Just because he's good-looking, and tall, and considerate, and a doctor, and...and...

Yuri was getting more annoyed that Loid was actually this perfect guy. He grabbed the bottle from Charlie's hands, began refilling his cup, and chugged it. "Damn you, Loidy!" he shouted.

Yor's eyes widened. "Slow down, Yuri!" she tried to calm him again.

Does the whole Briar family have an alcohol problem? Loid wondered.