Third Times The Charm

0

A long time ago, in a laboratory in Red District, there lived two children. The older sibling Zero, and the younger sibling One.

Zero and One each carry a wine glass that has been with them since birth. And even though they come from the same mother, their wine glass couldn't be any more different.

Zero's wine glass is always empty. No matter how many times they try to fill it up with delicious wine, it always found a way to leak through the cracks. Compared that to their younger sibling One, who by birth, has a glass already filled with delicious wine. The amount of wine carried in her glass is so big that instead of being given wine by the employees, One is the person is giving them instead. And they were happy.

But...they were not satisfied.

They also wanted Zero to give them delicious wine. And they know how to do it.

They're going to send Zero to a remote school, a place far from their authority. The scientists hoped that if Zero stayed in that school then her glass will eventually mend and can be poured with delicious wine.

And so, they shipped him off. To a place where One couldn't reach her.

Chartreuse Educational Institution.

1

"Come on! Can you hear me out?"

"No! Leave me alone!"

"No way!"

Our protagonist, little One, is currently cashing after a young man in the dead of night. Why? It's because this young man belongs to a group in this school called Odd, a unique group filled with oddities. One wanted to be a member of this group but this fellow refused to hear her out.

"Ah, shit!" After running for quite some time, her target found himself on a dead end. There's a brick wall looming above him and his only escape is the road where One is standing guard.

"...Finally. You stopped." Sweat poured out of her face as she tried to catch her breath. "There's no way you can run now."

"You think?" Despite being trapped, her target has a grin on his face. He rummaged through his back pocket and pulled a small ball made of metal. "Smoke bomb!" He threw the bomb on the ground and a large puff of smoke emerged from it.

"What the heck?!" One wondered if it's legal for somebody to be carrying smoke bombs. But she dismissed that thought right now as her target will use the smoke to escape.

So, she stood her ground and waited for the target to come out of the smoke.

"..."

"..."

"..."

The smoke cleared. Her target is nowhere to be found.

"...What the..." Confusion filled her brain. One looked around to make sure her eyes aren't playing any tricks on her. It isn't. her target truly did disappear in a puff of smoke.

"What the hell?!" Once again, for the second time this week, Three managed to get away from her.

2

Chartreuse Educational Institution

It is a large school hidden deep within the sea of concrete. It is impossible to get here on foot so if one wants to attend then they have to take the train. Chartreuse is a school entirely focused on the education and the career prospects of their students, so, they separated the school and the students from the rest of the world, only letting them out when they have fully bloomed.