The Hero

1

"Seven? I think I saw him at the library?"

"Why are you looking for Seven? Are you a fan?"

"Oh, Seven? Yeah, he's here...he's sitting at this table—God damn it, he left."

"What are you doing here? It's already evening, you know?"

One took a deep breath as she leaned her body against the wall. Right now, One is at the 1st year dormitory. It is an 'I' shaped building with five floors and twenty rooms on each floor. As the name suggests, this place was created to house the first-year students. One is in this spot not because she wanted to sleep, but because she's looking for Seven, who's honestly being a pain in the butt right now.

One took another deep breath as she looked to her left and right. the 4th floor hallway is completely empty. One thought she would at least see somebody she could talk to but it looks like she wouldn't have the chance.

"I guess that makes sense. It is starting to get late." No one wants to stay out at night, you might be kidnapped by a ghost.

One sighed as she heads to the window to get some fresh air. The outside world is snowing again and it is starting to pile up on the ground. One bet that she could make a pretty cool snow angel.

"This is not the time to be thinking about snow angels," the voce in her head said.

"Sorry." One thought about visiting Seven's dorm room and confront him herself but it's going to be tricky. One knew where Seven's dorm room is, it's common knowledge. The problem is that One is a 1st year student.

There are four dormitories in Chartreuse, one for each year. These dormitories also have a rule, that students from a different school year aren't allowed to go to other dormitories, at least, without permission. Seven is a third-year student, thus, he stays at the 3rd year dormitory. And since he stays at the third-year dormitory, One couldn't visit his room without possibly getting kicked out by the guards. Not only that, but with Seven's habit of not staying in one place, there's also the chance that he's not in his room.

One sighed once more. She could really use a drink right about now. Soda, milk, juice, anything would do. She just wanted something to help quench her thirst. Unfortunately, there's no vending machine nearby so one had no choice but to bear with it.

"Tch! That bastard loves to move around so much, huh?! Why does he need to do that? Doesn't this school have guards roaming around?" Her head asked.

"I think it's because he's Seven." Even though Seven is a member of Odd, Zero mentioned him a few times through his mails. He is somebody that One would call a busybody. He would always help somebody whether if he has your consent or not. A crazy individual who doesn't seem to care about what happens to him as long as other people are safe.

"So you're saying he's just doing it because he wants to? Weirdo."

"Come on, don't be like that. It's not often we meet somebody who is heroic to a fault."

"That's because the heroic types are always the one who dies first."

"True...but simply means we simply have to appreciate them when they're still around."

"If you say so...hey, I've been wondering about something."

"What is it?"

"Why do use Seven as your reason for joining Odd?"

"You should know that."

"I know, but I don't understand. Remember, I exist to question the actions I made."