Overcast

Death Note - Love and Madness

By Tayla Drago

Death Note #7 Overcast

Pretty cool having L 'or rather Ryuuzaki' showing his true face, huh? He's cool. Also, both Haruka and Ferdie race against time to stop Kira in killing Naomi next where she was right now with Light about to do that before she tells the police anything. During the race near the police headquarters, Ferdie tells the tale of Haruka sad past while we image on what it might look like in our heads while we're reading about it.

Ferdie: (There once was a girl who wanted to live a happier life with her mother and father. A true loving family they were once long ago...Once a written novelist for a woman and another veterinarian to care for animals. They fell in love, got married, had a baby girl, and worked hard to make a living. The little girl wanted to become a writer and have a pet of her very own; things go from bad to worse when mother lost everything from her books being destroyed, to losing her job as the same goes for the father thinking he overdose the animals that he tried to save but ended up killing them by accident. Sad end to losing it all to living in a bad life for the girl to witness. How they got their money back little by little? One was selling illegal drugs, while the other made booze to drink himself and hurt his wife many times for the daughter to see the horror every single day. Thought to be alone, she wasn't. For one boy was over the years with his family, and a baby fox found after his parents abandon the poor thing for her to care for her very own pet to love. That's when the bad went to much worse for the girl. During another beaten from the father's doing to the mother to protecting her and her child with the fox and defending themselves from him, the place goes up in flames. Falling down and killing the father, the mother shielded her only child to getting out alive; but as she does to see the house burn down and her family dead, so did the fox for risking his life to freeing the daughter and died from so much smoke to breathing fresh air again. She was then all alone. Being bullied, picked on, scared, sad all the time...Until he came to her. The daughter's first crush of a young mysterious many who saved her to going through her life with a new apartment home, school, and a job to seeing her friend and his family with a good lifestyle too. From solving mysteries and making a children's book to sell of a pet friend she use to have, and making a doll of that friend of hers, she had a good life. Still trying to find true love who might be in Japan somewhere, she won't give up on him until they'll meet again someday. While she tries to be brave on her own without being pushed around again like her hero, the mysterious L. This girl would make a difference to saving lives too, so they won't turn out like she used to be anymore. Sad, quiet, and lonely – she was also beautiful, smart, and brave when she put her mind into the danger. For I Ferdie, the Fox, will aid and support Haruka for her love and her dreams to come true. Even if we have to stop Kira and the criminal who took her parents away, we will.)

Touching but a sad story there, huh? Anyways, the two kept on running all over the streets without stopping, looking around, taking many taxis, and just kept on looking until they can find Naomi to save and stop Kira. Also, she might know who the killer might be, feeling that the puzzle was all put together to one person...Though she hates to admit that if it might be 'him'.

Haruka: We must hurry, Ferdie! Don't stop for anything!

Ferdie: I know! We'll get Kira for sure! Let's go save Naomi!

They hope to make it to Naomi in time.

Haruka: (Naomi...)

As Light continues guiding Naomi to act like he was helping her out, he had to get rid of her while he still could before she could talk to L and his father.

LIGHT: (Regardless of how she came to the conclusion, the fact remains this woman knows the truth. If she gives this information to the police, it won't take them very long to figure out that Kira is actually me. I have no choice but to eliminate her.)