Chapter 4: "The Chosen One"

Sara ran to the doorstep of their house and burst through the door. She smiled when her guess was confirmed.

"Uncle Eriol! Aunt Tomoyo!" she ran over and hugged her dear aunt who giggled and laughed. She also hugged her uncle.

"My dear Sara, you've grown into a fine lady." Eriol smiled.

"You didn't tell me you'd come and visit." She said. Unfortunately, she'd forgotten to greet her parents who have been watching her quietly just behind her. She had cut into the adults' conversation and had not seen her parents. She turned and sheepishly smiled at them.

"Konnichiwa, otou-san, okaa-san..gomen.." she bowed low in apology. Sakura opened her arms and hugged her daughter.

"It's alright. I know you miss them." she told her.

"Sara, why don't you go wash up first before joining us for dinner?" Syaoran said.

Sara obediently left the room, excusing herself. Eriol cleared his throat before speaking.

"As I was saying, it is very much important that we tell her the truth now." he said.

"But Eriol-kun," Sakura said slowly. "She's just 16. And untrained. And her brother-"

"-Should be the first one to know." Tomoyo cut in. "Sakura, we have come to the conclusion that Sara has the most power among the two of them. She has inherited both your life forces. Riyoko only has enough power to protect and help his sister but it must be her who should take full responsibility."

"But how can that be possible?" Syaoran asked. "How can Sara be the one with the most magic, not the eldest?"

Eriol frowned. "We don't know for sure. But right now, our coming here would not only be to celebrate Sara's birthday."

"But.." Sakura is still in doubt at how such a young age would need to be trained.

"We need to, Sakura. It's for her own safety," Tomoyo gently told her best friend.

"Sara is the Chosen One, Sakura-san." Eriol said. "And we have to tell her before others do."

Syaoran put an arm around his wife and she looked at him. He smiled to comfort her.

"Hey, it's all gonna be alright. It's never to late to learn. And I believe Sara and Riyoko will be safe as long as we're together." he said.

Sakura smiled as her husband kissed her forehead. Syaoran always found a way how to comfort her and calm her down. She turned to her friends and sighed.

"Ok."

"Tadaima! (I'm home!)"

Everyone turned to see Li Riyoko enter the room. He smiled and bowed to greet them.

"Konnichiwa mom, dad, aunt Tomoyo and uncle Eriol." he said.

"Okairinasai, Riyoko." Sakura pulled her son to an embrace. "Go get changed. We need to talk."

Riyoko raised his eyebrows. "Am I in trouble?"

Syaoran shook his head. "No, son. Just listen to your mother and come back down. We need to tell you and your sister something really important."

=========================================================

Heeeeeeeeey guys! I'm officially back!

Sorry it took almost a year. Internet connection was scarce but currently in my college, I've got it all around so I'll definitely be posting more. I realized it's been almost a year since I last checked out my work in Wattpad.

The encouragements I received from you pushed me to write again. Thanks for those who remained patient and really sorry for the loooooooooooong wait!!!

Hontoni Arigato Gozaimashita! ^_^