Chapter 3: "My Best Friend and I"

Math class is the most boring moment every time but because of Hiroji-kun, I still catch up to the lessons even though I'm snoring away.  Ms. Amaya is my math teacher's name. She's so boring! But thankfully Hiroji-kun and Yumako-chan would lend some time in teaching me math. I don't have to worry. much.

Classes ended and I packed up to leave. I was so excited to go home.  maybe I was too tired or something.

"Yumako-chan! " I rushed over to her. "Are you going home now?"
A frown was my reply.
"Sorry, Sara but I have violin club today." she replied.

That is Yumako-chan's talent and her favorite hobby. she is aspiring to be a famous violinist someday.  she's working her way there for sure.

I put on a smile. "Oh of course,  how did I forget? I'll just go ahead then."
"But I don't like you going alone..." she poured. She's a good friend because she never leaves me on my own.
"I promise I'll be fine. you do good on your practices. Bye! "

I grabbed my bag and almost got to the door when she called me back.  I turned to her and saw Hiroji-kun standing beside her. I almost blushed. She beckoned me over and I found myself walking to them.

"Hiroji-kun, would you walk Sara-chan home today? I still have violin class to attend and I can't bear to let her go alone." she asked him.
"No,  you don't have to-" I started to protest but he cut me off.
"I'd be glad to." he said.
I looked at Yumako as if to say 'Are you insane? are you torturing me?!' She just it off and quickly fled.

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
"Thanks Hiroji-kun. You really didn't have to." I told him. We were reaching the turn to our street. Hiroji-kun's house is straight ahead but he insisted to make sure I get home safely. I was trying my best to convince him that I'll be fine.

"Yumako-chan asked me to and I'd want to honor my word." He replied with a wink and turned the block to our street. I looked straight on and decided to count the houses that we passed. Our house is 8 more houses away.

1..

2...

3...

4...

It was boring. I turned my head to look at Hiroji-kun and saw that he was looking at me. I turned back my head to the road. Okay, silly. I've got a crush on Hiroji-kun. We've been friends for almost 5 years and I can't help it. I fell for him a while after I got to know him more. He was gentle, kind and sweet to me.

But I bet he wouldn't like someone like me. What's so special about me anyway?

6...

7...

I stopped and turned to him with a smile.

"Thanks Hiroji-kun." I said.

"You're welcome." He replied and walked away.

When I turned again to look at our house, my eyes caught a blue car parked just beside the pavement. It looked oddly familiar.

I ran all the way to the house.

~~~~~~~

Hey guys! Sorry for the short chapters and for waiting sooooooooooooooo long for me to update. Well you know 4th year's a BIG transition and I'm swarmed with my studies.

But I'll try my best to keep updating in my free time.

Arigato gozaimasu!!!!! ^_^