Late

Jayden POV

I was lying on the bed when Adrian came into the room looking nervous before she began speaking.

"I have a question and it is ok for you to say no if you don't want to." She started as I nodded letting her continue.

"Would you- um like to watch me practice? At my school." Adrian asked nervously fidgeting with her fingers.

I smiled at her nervousness before replying.

"Yeah, I would love to, what sport do you play? What school do you go to?" I asked making her face light up but went back down and looked nervous again before replying.

"I-I play basketball a-at North Rain highschool." She replied stuttering looking for my reaction as my eyes went wide before chuckling giving her a smile.

"Do you still wanna go?" She asked making my smile grow even more.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I? This changes nothing." I replied as her smile came back practically glowing.

"Ok let's get going." She said happily as I got up, putting on my shoes, before following her to the car.

******************

"Have a nice time you two I will pick you up when it's over." Sarah told us as we left the car bidding her goodbye as we went inside.

Adrian led me in, opening the door for me and her, as we walked in she went to the bleachers setting down her things before turning to me with a smile.

"Would you like a tour of the great North Rain highschool gym." She asked with a smile as I nodded making her begin the tour.

******************

"And that's the gym." She said coming to a stop making me chuckle as she smiled but I sat down on the bleachers as she went with her teammates to go get changed.

After she went into the changing room then I heard the doors to the gym open to reveal Carter, and I'm guessing the rest of the boys basketball team?

"Well this is a surprise."