Chapter 1

The first thing to be seen on the black screen was the date June 18th, 1998.

Everyone's eyes squinted or narrowed at the future date on screen. It was four years from their current time. What could have possibly been happening?

The date disappeared as the screen lightened.

The floo fireplaces in the Ministry of Magic were then seen. It is not obvious as to who is now being followed by the camera as they step out of a fireplace, but heels hitting the marble floors can be heard.

As the echoes of heels are heard through the corridors of the ministry, the camera zooms out just a bit so that it is settled just behind what can now be seen as a woman. It shows the back of her head and her shoulders. Her light brown hair with highlights flowing throughout are tumbling down her back and bouncing in perfect curls with every step she takes.

A few more corners are turned, but as she keeps walking people passing by are seen unabashedly throwing dirty looks and sneers at this woman.

There's an even angrier person who purposefully bumps shoulders with the woman and says, "Watch where you're going, Death Eater." And then they walk away as if nothing happened.

Younger students across the hall gasp and shy away from the screen once the mention of a death eater is spoken.

Adults share glances of varying expressions. Those in the ministry sit up straighter and get ready to identify the person on screen. Most Hogwarts teachers watch with worry. Anyone that secretly supported the Dark Lord and his cause sat up straighter ready to know the identity of a new possible member.

Eventually a room where trials are held is shown. The doors to the room are closed, but the sign above the door says, "Courtroom Ten." The woman looks up, sees this, and scoffs. Under her breath, so light her voice isn't recognizable, she says, "Ironic."

Some people relax when they realize that this "Death Eater" was already going on trial. However, very few still remained suspicious. That being because this woman walked freely into the ministry even though she was going on trial.

And then she pushes open the doors.

The camera pulled back as the woman walked into the courtroom. It could now be seen that she was wearing a black dress that stopped at her knees. It had long sleeves and was tight on her upper body, cinching in her waist, and then it belled slightly so that it flowed around her legs. The heels she wore came up just above her knees, were all black, and were at least five inches tall if not taller.

Older Hogwarts students gave appreciative glances towards this woman as most of her outfit was revealed. There were even a few wolf whistles heard from the more extroverted students.

Death Eater or not this woman was attractive.

Adeline watched this woman with envy. Mostly because she desperately wanted the shoes she was wearing.

There was a single chair in the middle of the room. It faced a crowd of individuals know to the wizarding world as the Wizengamot with Amelia Bones sitting right in front.

Parents, adults, and even some students in the hall that paid closer attention to who was on the Wizengamot had narrowed eyes as they noticed that most of the members being shown were different than who was currently seated on the Wizengamot.

The woman confidently walked in and took her seat in the chair in the middle of the room. Her back was still to the camera, but her shoulders were pushed back, and she sat straight as a board.