Chapter 6

The next scene to come on showed a large stadium packed to the brim with spectators.

Fred and George were then seen walking through the aisles of stadium seats asking for people's bets.

Switching settings, a tent with the four champions is now seen.

Harry, dressed in robes that have his last name stitched into the back, paces nervously.

A dragon roar from outside of the tent stops all of the champions in their tracks, but not for long as they try to tune it out.

Changing scenes again, Adeline and Hermione can be seen walking down a would-be grassy hill toward the outside of the tent holding the champions. 

Adeline could only raise an eyebrow at her on-screen self. She knew Hermione wasn't her favorite person in the world, and usually, Ron was around as a buffer for any arguments the girls would have.

Though she guessed that she was cooperating with the girl for Harry's sake.

Closing in on the girls, Adeline can be heard asking, "Did you get it?"

Reaching into a bag that was slung over her right shoulder Hermione answers, "Yes, I've got it." Out of the bag, she pulls an empty glass jar with a lid already screwed on. Handing over the jar she makes sure to ask, "Why did you want me to do this again? It was a simple Unbreakable Charm. You're smart enough to cast that."

Adeline had an inkling of why she was hanging around Hermione now. She was desperately trying to contain her laughter because of it.

Taking the jar and examining it as they kept walking Adeline said, "Been a bit busy lately." Curious, Hermione decided to ask, "With what?" Glancing away from the jar to the girl to her right Adeline gives a tight-lipped smile. "Avoiding people and trying to keep Harry calm."

Not wanting to speak anymore, Adeline picks up her pace. However, instead of taking the stairs that led to the stadium seats she goes in the direction of the back of the champion's tent. Pointing to the stairs Hermione calls, "This is the way to the seats, Adeline!"

Turning around and walking backward the brunette responds, "I know! Just gonna go check on Harry first! I'll meet you up there!"

And before Hermione could scold her about how no one else was allowed to enter the tent, Adeline turned away and jogged off.

Feeling like a broken record, but unable to help himself, Harry squeezed Adeline's right hand and whispered, "Thank you... for being there." The girl turned to her best friend with a small smile. "Of course, Harry. I'll always be there for you. No matter what."

Harry was now scene wringing his hands as he stood at the back of the champion's tent.

As Dumbledore's distant voice was heard speaking to the stadium audience about the risks of the three tasks Harry heard a "Psst. Psst!"

Pulling the canvas of the tent back slightly he then heard, "Harry, is that you?" from Adeline Avery. With fear in his eyes, but slightly more relaxed shoulders he answers, "Yeah."

Adeline doesn't waste a second as she slips through the gap in the tent's fabric.

Instantly she has Harry wrapped in a tight hug. Stunned, because Adeline isn't typically the one to initiate physical contact, Harry's eyes are wide as he reciprocates the hug. The act didn't last much longer than a couple of seconds though because Adeline pulled back to hold Harry at arm's length as she asked, "How are you feeling? Okay?"