Bitter Confessions

"NO! YOU KNOW VERY WELL I WILL NOT ALLOW THAT TO HAPPEN!"

"B-But he didn't notice me!"

This was the final grievance. Link had his full of the continuous berating and repetitious warnings burdened upon his weary soul as if he were an infinite reservoir; and although it seemed that these trials would've been abandoned with his previous life in Hyrule, here, it appeared that they followed him to begin anew, forever. Any forgotten and distasteful memories resurfaced with minimal effort, as if a gateway had been unlatched to bid them welcome. Despite these impertinent circumstances, he refused returning back to that miserable, impotent lifestyle where all the hits should be absorbed, even if they originated from-

"HOW MANY TIMES MUST I REMIND YOU OF THE SAME STORY?"

The Goddess, Hylia, also known as Her Grace, steadily approached the Hylian Knight, manifesting a fierce, violent aura after hearing about his most recent visit to Zora's Domain, inevitably causing Her to be furious beyond all measures at the prospect of being lied to.

All Link could muster was to open and close his mouth in silence, swallowing the throbbing lump lodged in his throat.

"You've come too close to her, Hylian Knight. I am certain you are well aware of that."

The godly persona, who was no taller than a quaint child, faced Link with an imposing demeanor; never had the range of emotions etched across her perfect complexion been witnessed until now. Unfortunately it all led him to believe he would be the first hapless soul to experience the full severity of them, a fate far too uncertain for his own comfort.

"Listen to Her Grace, Link... it's not worth the trouble." A familiar, motherly voice called out sympathetically from behind.

His father, mother, and dear sister, Aryll, were all present in the vicinity when news of the heated discourse aroused. Judging the haste by which they arrived, it was safe to infer that the aggressive commotion was easily audible throughout the entire domain. They all displayed pleading expressions, both for Link and towards the Goddess, though, there was little that could help given the current jurisdiction.

"Your loved ones speak from wisdom. Why do you persist to dismay even them?"

Oh. So that's the direction this argument is going into. His own family is now being used as leverage against him?

"I... couldn't just leave her stranded alone in that wretched state, Your Grace." Link continued unapologetically yet firmly. "You witnessed the despair, the absolute hell my fiancé... MY WIFE... was undergoing following my...."

The Goddess opened her blush lips to respond to the emotional argument, but the attempt was immediately ignored; Link was far from submitting to her authority.

"Forgive me if I'm incorrectly assuming this, but you seem to be placing a large emphasis on Dorephan, of whom almost saw me today. Isn't that what this discord is all about?"

"That is far from the point I am toiling over to establish."

"Then surely, surely you've also witnessed me and Mipha being together. Did anything awry transpire as a result? What repercussions would ensue if he also saw me? What if I showed myself to the Champions right now!?"

"Link!" His father called out with an endearing, outstretched hand. "Please! I pray, think your words through here!"

As soon as the fatherly warning was offered, it was promptly cast aside with a casual shrug from his son, who maintained his stance in front of the deity. The unwavering determination was an obvious trait of being a royal guard... but this display of action in this scenario was disastrously inappropriate.