O2 WEREWITCH

There is more drama in small towns than anyone could ever imagine. Gabbie should have known better than to doubt that phrase when she first arrived in Mystic Falls. Anti-vampire Council. Tomb vampire genocide. Dead mayor. Damon Salvatore.

As she mused, Gabbie followed an angry Bonnie Bennett, who stormed out of the opulent Lockwood mansion, its polished wood and grand chandeliers contrasting sharply with the turmoil inside. The night was thick with tension, the moonlight casting long shadows on the cobblestone path as Bonnie, her dark curls bouncing with each determined step, prepared to confront another source of chaos lurking in Mystic Falls. "Elena!" she called out, her voice a mix of urgency and frustration.

Katherine Pierce, a figure cloaked in charm and danger, paused at the sound of her name, spotting the Bennet witch approaching. The flickering lights from the mansion danced in her raven-black hair, illuminating her sharp features. Katherine recognized Bonnie as Elena Gilbert's witchy best friend, but the wheels in her villainous mind began to turn. Before she could attempt to mimic Elena's demeanor—innocent and sweet—Bonnie disappeared from view, swallowed by the shadows of the night. Katherine frowned, her expression darkening. "Where did that little witch go?"

Bonnie gasped, suddenly standing in front of the woman who wore the exact same replica of her best friend's face. "Elena wouldn't have said that," she thought, her heart racing as the realization hit her. "Katherine—"

"Oh, so you do know there are dangerous vampires lurking around with the same face as your best friend," Gabbie interjected, her tone laced with sarcasm.

Bonnie jumped in surprise, her heart pounding in her chest. "It's you again." This was the second time the Bennet witch had been caught off guard by the mysterious female stranger. She and Damon Salvatore—who was always smug about his superior vampiric abilities—couldn't sense her. How she did it, Bonnie had no clue, but whatever it was, it saved her from the prying eyes of her best friend's evil doppelgänger.

"What did you do? How can she not see or hear us?" Bonnie demanded, her voice barely above a whisper, eyes darting around for any sign of Katherine.

"I think the better question to ask is—" Gabbie snorted, rolling her eyes, "where the heck do you get the confidence to take on vampires decades older than you when you can't even recognize a simple cloaking spell?"

"Y-you're a witch like me," Bonnie's eyes widened in surprise, her stance shifting as she took a small step back, instinctively reaching for the energy that pulsed through her.

"Something like that," Gabbie replied, a smirk playing on her lips. "Did no one ever teach you that witches should never get involved with vampire business?"

"My Grams did," Bonnie shot back, her voice tinged with bitterness. "But she recently died before she could teach me how to properly defend myself against one or any proper witch stuff, really. Who are you exactly? And how do you know Katherine?"

"Relax," Gabbie raised her hands in a gesture of peace, though her eyes glinted with mischief. "I'm not here to bring any harm to you and your friends."

"You didn't answer my question," Bonnie insisted, her tone firm and unyielding, not lowering her guard even as doubt crept into her mind.

"Katherine Pierce, or also known as Katerina Petrova, is a very dangerous and old vampire. Older than the two Salvatore brothers—"

"So?" Bonnie crossed her arms, unimpressed, a flicker of defiance shining in her eyes.

"The older a vampire is, the stronger they are, which makes them a lot harder to kill." Gabbie rolled her eyes at the ignorant teen witch. "That little headache spell you did with Damon earlier? I doubt that would work on her."