Chapter 7:On her own

Let her cook!

Ochako powerd herself on as she awoke from her robotic slumber in the wee early hours in the morning.  She turned on the lights, and the entire bakery was light up. Whenever Izuku did this, the first thing he would do would make himself some coffee. Ochako, however, had no need for coffee.

That, and she hated the taste anyway.

But before anything else,  she went upstairs and slightly opened the door and peeked at Izuku, snoring soflty onto his bed.

"Deku." She quietly whispered before shutting the door softly and headed back downstairs to prepare.

She washes her hands that were waterproof, even the one without any skin covering it, and threw on an apron. She clapped her hands together and grabbed several ingredients. Due to not being open for days, she had nothing fresh to sell, so she was going to have to make a lot.

It's a great thing she powered up early.

Even though Ochako had been there for a few months, she had a good amount of skills now. She was able to make cookies, bread, and much of the stuff. She wasn't as good as Izuku mind you,  but in no way was she a rookie. Plus, Izuku wasn't there, so she had more room, and she wasn't getting distracted either.

Mostly from how cute he looked.

But it was draining her battery due to having more to do. Thirty minutes before opening, Ochako shut down for half an hour to ensure she wouldn't shut down during the shift.

The faces of children scarred from seeing her lifeless eyes sent a chill down her spine.

She was unable to get some of the stuff done. A lot of mess was left on the counter. Whenever a customer was there,  which unfortunately was a lot,  she cleaned up.

The jar sat on the counter, and some people gave tips inside it, though Ochako didn't understand why they did that. Not that she wasn't happy about it. About two hours into the day, Iida appeared during his run.

" Good to see you, Ochako!" He greeted her while rubbing some sweat off his forehead.

Ochako smiled happily. " Good morning, Iida." She gave a small greeting bow to him. She placed a medium cup of coffee onto the table,  and he paid for it.

"How's Midoriya holding up?" He asked, picking it up with a blue sweatband around his waist.

"He is still sick. I decided to run this place while he recovered. It's not easy, I can tell you that. But he has done so much for me. Helping him run this place and raise money for his mother is the least I can. " Her eyes drifted towards the mostly empty jar.

" How very noble of you. You are a true friend, indeed Ochako.  I'm assuming that Jar is for the money for his mom, yes?" He asked, taking a sip from his coffee with two sugars and two creamers.

"Yes. Strangly, people put money inside that surpasses the value of what they bought. " She placed a finger against her cheek. " I don't know why." She wondered outloud.

" I believe they're giving you a tip. " He adjusted his glasses. " Midoriya never would accept those. He hates to take money for something he feels he didn't earn. It's very noble but stubborn, too. I suggest you don't tell him,  or he will try to track down everyone and return it. " Iida himself put some extra yen inside the jar.

"Thank you, Iida. That is much appreciated." She gave another slight bow to him, and he left with his coffee. 

Ochako was once again running low. It was taking a lot to keep going.

She took a break and sat down while no customers. If she kept constantly charging,  she'd eventually overheat.

The bell rang as a customer entered the bakery.