Chapter 8: After care

I know it's been a while,  so let's get to it.

Ochako's eyes blinked twice when she had finally woke up. She looked around and found herself in Izuku's room and bed. She thought about getting up but decided against it after feeling her head still hurt. It was not as bad as it had before,  but it was enough to keep her down.

She moved her head just enough to see a yellow cup on the beatable next to get that had a bit of steam coming out from the top.

"D..deku." She quietly whispered. Her new hand grasped the cup, and she put to her lips, quietly taking a sip after sip before finishing it quickly. It was delicious green tea. After setting it back down, the door opened, and the man himself entered with a plate of mochi.

"Oh, Ochako, you're finally up!" Izuku sat the plate down before sitting on the bed.

Ochako looked at Izuku,  then to the Mochi, snatched one, ate one, then looked back to him. "How long have I been out?" She asked, not even knowing the time.

"Just a day. Mei took another look at your hand. She said sorry by the way but couldn't figure out what happened. She'll come by later today.  I made some some tea and snacks, which I see you already emptied your cup. I'll get you some.

He wasn't even off the bed for a full second before Ochako grabbed his arm quickly but gently. "No. Please.  Don't leave me. Not now." She begged.

Izuku nodded and sat back down,  and wrapped his fingers around her new hand. Ochako and him blushed a bit, but Izuku didn't care. He just wanted to comfort her. "I won't leave you."

"Promise?" Ochako asked as her eyes were wet.

"I promise." Izuku gave her a warm, reassuring smile. That smile made it feel like all Ochako's problems went away.

"What happened to the bakery?" She asked,  still not knowing what time it was.

"I managed to run it today,  no problem.  And before you ask, yes, I'm much better now. No longer sick. Now it's my turn to take care of you. " Izuku said while Ochako took another mochi.

"All you have done since we met is take care of me." She said and took a bite out of the mochi.

"And you helped return the favor. So that's that. Anyway,  It is almost time for Mei to arrive." The door to the bedroom opened, and Mei came in.

"I'm already here!" The pink haired girl sat a bag down on the floor.

"You know you should knock before going into someone's room." Izuku hoped off the bed.

"Alright, Ochako.  I know yesterday didn't go well, so I hope you will let me see if I can figure out what happened."She just completely ignored Izuku's comment and brought out her own laptop.

"Do I have to be shut off?" Ochako fist clutched the blankets. She was terrified of shutting down now, and a bit of Mei, to be honest.

"Nah. I just need to plug in the back, if you don't mind. " A black plug was in her hand that was connected to her laptop.

Ochako swallowed nervously, like a kid who was about to get a shot.

"I'll be here the whole time, Ochako. " Izuku reached down and squeezed her hand gently.

Ochako nodded gently.  "As long as you're here. " She sat up, ignoring the slight pain in her head, and showed he back to Mei, who gently plugged in her cord and started to type.

"Alright, Ochako,  I'm going to look around.  If at any point it's too much, let me know, and I will unplug immediately." Mei put on some goggles and began to search around.

"Are you okay?" Izuku asked, still holding her hand.

"I think so. I don't feel weird. I have a slight headache, though.  Too bad medicine can't h-

"FOUND SOMETHING!" Mei yelled, standing shooting up from her chair, almost yanking the cord from Ochako.

"What is it?!" Ochako was now much more interested.

Mei swiped her mouse around and pressed a few keys before taking he goggles off.

".....Solitaire." She said with a disappointing look, and both Ochako and Izuku sweat dropped.

"I... I think someone may have gotten a bit bored during their programming, " Izuku said dumbfounded.

"Is that all?" Ochako asked, hoping for more than a card game.

"Yes. I see a ton of files. But most of them are locked away. And the ones that aren't seem to date just recently.  And they're mostly of Izuku." Mei explained, causing them to blush a bit.

"Why are they locked? I don't even remember much of anything from before my escape. " Ochako wondered.

"There's a video here that is an unlocked file.  From the date, it was opened yesterday." She pressed play and watched it with Izuku,  Ochako had an idea what it was and didn't want to see it again.  But that didn't stop it from replaying over and over in her mind.

"Oh god." Izuku shook his head after watching. It didn't show too much, but he could feel the fear that Ochako had felt when she saw it.

"Hm. It seems like that's the earliest unlocked file. There is no exact date of when this happened." She kept looking around just in case there was something else.

Izuku scratched the back of his head as he thought out loud. " Why would your files be locked? Does that mean Ochako has a memory loss or something?" He asked Mei.

"Not likely. I think it's that she doesn't want to remember. Or maybe someone doesn't want her to. It seems to me that when I put my baby on Ochako,  it must have triggered a memory." She looked over to the girl. "Are you completely built?" She asked.

"I think so? I don't know about the inside,  but I still have several updates. All I know is I'm supposed to be so close to a real girl, no body would ever know." She brought her knees to her chest and hugged them.

"I think you should keep updating.  It could help you remember more m-

"Wait!" Izuku interrupted.  "It sounds dangerous,  and you saw what happened to her with just one! And now she has a lot more? That sounds unsafe and traumatizing!" Izuku already wasn't okay with this.

"Deku. I... I think I should.  I can't just live knowing that there's more to me than meets the eye." She was both scared and determined to find out more.

"But-

"You heard her!" Mei plugged a 1tb hard driver into her computer. "I'm going to download these files and try to unlock them at home. "She almost immediately unplugged. "Good thing I designed a hard driver will flash speed! Alright, you two, I'll see you later!" Mei unplugged from Ochako, packed up her stuff, and headed out the door.

Izuku sat back down on the bed.

"Ochako,  are you sure about this? I'm worried."

"You've always been worried." She awkwardly fluffed his hair. "B-besides I have to know!"

"I-if you're sure. And I know I just made a promise to never leave your side, but I actually need to visit my mom." He looked up at the clock. "I'm already a bit late."

"Can I come? I haven't met her before." Ochako asked.

"Are you sure? I mean, I don't mind in the slightest,  but you have been through a lot in not even a full day." Izuku got up from the bed and threw on a jacket as it was raining outside.

"I'm sure! And after what Mei did, I don't even feel a headache anymore! And I really want to see your own mother! "

"Alright.  Just make sure you stay close. Those people could still be after you. " He threw her a jacket.

"Of course, Deku. I'll be by your side as always, " She whispered that last part as they strutted out the front door.

I can never apologize enough for the wait.