Chapter 4

CLARISSA'S POV

We're here for almost a couple of weeks making ourselves strong. We hunt for our foods. We have now our own armor. They trained us everyday. We can go anywhere but we're not allowed to go out to the city.

It was 5 am. Time to wake up.

I go outside the house and bring my armors. We always have to bring it for our safety.

I remember that we had some junkfoods and lot of guns in the van. It's not too dark coz the sun is rising.

When I reached our van. There's no junk foods. Somebody stole it. I checked the guns. They are all safe here. I got only 2 fully loaded small guns and put it on my bag pack. I didn't get all of it so me and my friends can use it here when in time of danger. I hope no one would steal these.

I jump off the van and ran back to the hiding place. Sun is up and I can see no darkness. But before I reached the hiding place, I heard some little footsteps so I looked for it. Then suddenly I saw a dog. A little white dog with blue eyes and maybe it's a she. I followed her coz I wanna take her home. She's so cute.

In a not too far from where I was. I saw two girls from our hiding place. I went up the tree so they wont see me.

"Do we really have to go to the city? Some had tried but never came back. This is not a good idea." said the girl with a blonde hair.

"Maybe they got lost that's why they never got back. Trust me. This is gonna be fun." the girl in a black shirt said.

"But.. We promised that we're not going out to the city.."

"Shut up. They'll never know. "

I get down of the tree when I saw that they're far enough from me.

I get so curious. And also.. I do wanna know what's going on in the city. That's why I secretly followed them.

They got a car. A pick up car. I carefully jump at its back so they wont notice me. This will take a lot of hours. Maybe 6 - 8. Long drive.

My friends will surely look for me. Oh. God. How could I tell them not to worry about me when there's no wifi and signal.

Beside me is a big black coat. I decided to hide inside it and take a nap. It is 11 am. Maybe at night we will be able to reach the city. Everything's gonna be alright.

Afternoon came. I feel the heat. I have nothing to do but to peak and see the place where we are.

Oh. Still at the long road. I can feel the hunger. Those two girls aren't talking. Maybe one of them is also sleeping. I gotta go back to sleep. Later I'll eat when I really have to. But at this time. Water is just enough.

I get back to sleep and wait for the night to come.

5 hours has passed, we're near. I can feel it. I can see it. Coz this place is so familiar. Eventhough this is an abandoned place. I can still remember those times when I'm inside the car with my family and just looking outside the window and see this fastidious place.

Suddenly, The car just stopped.

"Fvck. We're out of gas!" one girl shouted.

"What are we going to do now ? I'm hungry."

I'm still under the black coat. I heard them as they get out of the car.

"What the fvck is that? Holy Crap! Run. We need to hide."

Woahh! This doesn't sounds good. What did they saw? Crap.

I heard some footsteps. No. Not just a footsteps. Stomp? March? I dont know.

They're coming. I can hear them.

I waited till those creepy sounds were gone before I get off the car.

I peak first. No one's out there. I think it is safe to go outside. It is 6pm. Sun is going down and I dont know where to go.

I jump off the car and observe. Those two girls are gone. I dont know what happened to them.

I just walk and walk alertly. This place is so abandoned and creepy.

As I walked down the street. I heard a footstep Coming. I hide behind the car.

I saw a man in a caumoflage with a mask on. He's holding a big gun. He saw me.. He saw me peaking..

Son of a gun. Wth would I do!!!!!

"Hey. I'm so sorry. I have to do this."

He's in the front of me holding an electric gun. I have to escape. I got my gun at the back pocket of my ripped jeans. I shot him at his shoulder. I can't kill a man. Coz I know it's a sin.

I was about to run when he called me on my name..

"Clarissa."

Who is he? WHY did he knows my name.

I looked back on him. He removed his mask. I still can't recognize who is he.

"I'm someone you dont know but I know who you are. Please. Help me." the guy said.

I dont know why I easily trusted this man. I helped him and went to the place he was saying.

In a not so far, we reached a house. It looks so disgusting and haunted.

"This is where I go to visit my mother. I didn't let the army get her so I hid her inside. You'll be safe here. They roam around every 2 hours." The guy said as we entered this house full of dirt.

He opened the cabinet and put sidewards those dresses on hangger. Then There's a secret door. He scratched that door and then someone behind opened it.

He let me go first inside. I saw her mother and smile on me. This is a way to the basement. He pull back the dresses to cover the secret door.

"Where did you saw her? Dreams do come true. She's now safe son." said his mother while walking down the stairs with a flashlight.

"I saw her outside. She accidentally hit me with a gun. But just on my shoulder." He said.

We reached the basement. It is a beautiful basement. It has 2 beds. One Bathroom. Cabinet full of canned goods. And lot of Mineral waters.

"You sit here son. Clarissa will you please help me here. Get the first aid kit please. Just there hanging. " asked her mother pointing sideward where the kit is hanging.

"Ahm. Okay."

I get the kit and give it to her. I watched her clean and removed the bullet in this man's shoulder.

I'm feeling guilty right now because of what i've done to him. I dont even know this guy. All I know is..

HE'S A MAN. HE'S AN ENEMY OF OURS.