THIRTY-SIX

"You look like shit

"You look like shit." I playfully shoved Ezekiel's head back as he opened the truck door.
I definitely didn't think I'd be woken up this morning with a call from my brother stating that he needed me to bail him out. I didn't have enough money so Angel had to come too and now here we are, the three of us jammed into dads truck as if we were little kids all over again.

"Were you anyones bitch? Get shanked? Have to become a guards bitch?" I joked as I nudged Ezekiel who laughed "Forgot little miss perfect is the only one in the family who's never been arrested." Ezekiel replied "Yeah, I'm just to smart to get caught." Which was the truth, I've done plenty to end up in jail, I just never get caught.

"Why are you being so quiet?" I turned to Angel who hasn't said a word since we bailed Ez out.
"Nails..." Angel trailed off making Ez chuckle.
"Aww, are you two in love?" I teased.
"She's pregnant." He blurted, making my eyes pop "Are you fucking serious?" Ezekiel and I spoke at the same time as we shared a look.
"It's crazy I know." Angel shook his head with a small smile which made a huge smile spread on my lips.

"Maybe this was how it was all supposed to go down... I ain't gonna fuck this up." Angel continued "You better not because Stephanie is amazing." I sent him a warning look. Out of every girl my brother knows, nails is definitely the best girl to knock up. She was gorgeous and genuine, sweet, way different then the other girls around the club and I know she actually likes my brother. She won't be running off in the middle of the night like Adelita.

"You're gonna be a great dad." Ezekiel reassured him as he moved his arm behind me to pat Angel's shoulder. "But bro do me a favour, you gotta start wrapping that shit. You can't go around fucking knocking everybody up." Ezekiel joked making the three of us genuinely laugh.

"I can't help it... I got the 100 proof baby juice." Angel playfully rolled his eyes making me gag.
"La la la la." I covered my ears like a child while scrunching up my face in disgust "Gross." Ez shook his head "Looks like you'll be the only sibling without a kid now..." I playfully raised my brows up and down "Yeah and it's staying that way." Ezekiel playfully scoffed earning a light smack on the arm.

The rest of the ride back to my place was filled with all the details of the family brunch I missed out on which apparently was a real shit show.
But then again when was anything normal with this family.

"Love you too." My brothers called out as I climbed out of the truck, making my way up the driveway. Hopefully everyone was still asleep because I could still use a nap.
When I opened the door I was more than surprised to see Letty on the floor, crying into his knees.

"Letty, what's going on?" I gasped, before I could process anything she jumped up, wrapping her arms around me causing me to drop my keys and purse to the floor "Oh my god, you're alive. You're alive." She repeated over and over again, making my face scrunch in confusion.
"Yeah I'm alive, why wouldn't I be?" I pulled back from the hug, studying her tear stained face.