Chapter 3

I woke to a loud crash somewhere down stairs. But wait, mom was on a trip for work? Who else had a key? Slowly I rose from my king size bed, throwing the zebra sheets to the side. Slipping on my Uggs I tip-toed down the steps. I swung my head around the corner. Nothing. I continued till I got to the kitchen,  then there was another crash. Right in front of me I pushed the doors to the kitchen open. Someone ran out the back the only thing I saw was a black outline and dark hair. I flipped on the light switch, there were pots on the floor and almost all the cabinets were open. Why, would anyone be looking in my kitchen? Then I remembered the passport. Nearly missing a pan on the floor I ran over to the cabinet above the fridge. Swinging it open I shuffled through it fast. It was gone. Whoever broke in knows who I really am and took the passport. It was the only thing linking me to the past. It shows a 14 year old girl. A girl who disappeared 3 years ago. I was her... thinking back unwelcome memories came to life.

"Angie? What are you doing" a voice said from behind. Spinning around was Ashley, my once best friend. "Angie! Awnser me!?" She would scream. 

"I'm leaving, and I'm not coming back."

"What do you mean!? You cant leave! Where would you go?"

"Anywhere but here".

"Angie, whats happening?" Ashley begged. I spun to face her. Her crystal blue eyes filled with tears. All at once my I thought my plan had crashed and burned. 

"Just tell people you don't know what happened, that when you woke I was gone." As the words came out of my mouth they seemed unreal. The hurt on her face, unreal. All at once I was standing in the kitchen again. Back to reality, back to Maya Shepard. I refused to let the past catch up. It was different now, I had a better life. I'm 15 and going into high school, but I knew that I was 17 and should be there already. No wonder people say I look older. The only problem was that someone knows I'm not 15. I'm not Maya and the past was at my heels, if they took that to anyone my life would be over. Again.