Chapter 6

We emerged from terminal B at the Philadelphia airport. I had no idea where we were going but Ashley said that she would do everything. Are plan was that I just come back and if things get worse then show people that I'm fine. I felt bad about leaving my friends especially Sarah. They had no idea I was gone and I couldn't reply to them. We had to get back to the house as quick as we could. When I started my new life I dyed my hair to make myself less noticeable. We had to make it reddish blond, a pretty strawberry color. After this we would go to Ashley's house where I haven't been in 3 or 4 years. The thought of coming back scared me. What if I had to become Angie again? What about Maya Shepard? It was all to confusing for me. The only problem would be Jake. The guy who I left.. he never knew that I was still alive and I was anxious to tell him and see him again. What if he had a girlfriend? What if he never forgave me? There were so many different things that could happen and we were messing the universe.

"Here we are" Ashley said pulling up to a house 4x smaller than mine back home. But, truth was I am home and it felt so right. The air was colder here even in the summer and there were few people out in the area. "I live alone, I bought this in the winter" she said unlocking the front door and motioning for me to follow. It was bigger than i thought it would be. With 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a living room, and kitchen it was a nice house. Well for her likings I claimed a room and set down my suit case. As I looked around the room memories flooding back to me.

"When I get enough money I'm gonna live right there" Ashley squeaked with joy pointing to a small house on the corner.

"Why not buy a big and fancy one? We could live there together! That would be so much fun!"

"Nah, I like this house. I don't know what it is but I feel like its the perfect house!"

"Whatever." Thinking back this was the house she said she would buy. It felt more like a prison then a home. More like someone guarding secrets would live here.

"Are you gonna tell Jake your back" Ashley said bringing me back from my memory. 

"I don't know... I he will probably never forgive me for leaving and not even telling him I'm ok. He might have a girlfriend too."

"Nope, ever since you left he refused to date anyone. He was kinda a mess, seeing you will make him so incredibly happy" She said almost screaming!

"Fine, but we still have to dye my hair" Grabbing the dye we went into the bathroom. She read the instructions and carefully applied it. When we were done I was amazed by the results. I looked like a superstar and I felt like the person I used to be. The I remembered my brown contacts, I ran over to the mirror and took them off. Under them a set of Crystal almost emerald green eyes glistened in the mirror I had forgotten about my eyes. The beautiful color they used to be, something everyone awed over. 

"Ready" Ashley asked amazed by the face in the mirror. "Doesn't it feel nice to be yourself again?" That was one thing I knew she was right about. For once I smiled not a fake Maya smile but an old Angie smile that needed to be pulled out of the closet and worn again.

When we got to Jake's I got so nervous. Ashley had said that his mom and dad were on a cruise so he would be home alone. Ashley walked up to the door and knocked. One... Two... Three... Four... and the door flew open. Jake standing there more handsome than I remembered him. Tall, dark brown eyes, and His hair short and cut clean. He was wearing a plain white T-shirt and black basketball shorts. When he saw Ashley he almost slammed the door in her face.

"Wait, I need to tell you something important!" Silents. Almost a minute went by with no reply. I grabbed my bag a walked up the drive way. 

"We need to tell you something" I screamed. The door flew open and Jake's eyes locked on me. His look said it all, it was sorrow and joy and pain all wrapped up in one look. Ashley slowly walked back to the car leaving us to talk. I opened my mouth to tell him the whole story but I couldn't get any words out. Jake grabbed me by the shoulders and pulled me close he smelled like Cinnamon and was so warm. His lips touched mine softly and shivers went up my spine. I pulled away and gazed into his dark eyes. 

"I am so glad to see you." He said pulling me close for a hug.