Chapter 5

I unlocked the front door and pushed inside. I still had not replied to Ashley or listened to any of the other voice mails yet. I'm still pretty sure that she was the one who had taken the passport but something didn't seem right. Her frantic voice on the other line didn't sound like she would have been the one to steal something. I had been at the beach all day and it was only 6 o'clock. I ran upstairs and flopped down on my bed. I pulled out my phone, skipping through the missed call list I went to messages. 17 new messages with a sigh I pressed read. 

Riley: Do You want to through a goodbye party for Sarah?

Me: Yes, her mom said shes taking her out for dinner so while shes out we can set it up.

Riley: Good idea, and do you know where in Philly shes moving exactly?

Me: No, she has been very quiet and mysterious about it.

Riley: I think shes hiding something from us. I mean all tree of us tell each other everything! Right? Before i replied i felt pain lying to her.

Me: Yes , at least we used too.

Riley: Whats that supposed to mean?

Before I could reply I heard a creak on the steps. Maybe I was being paranoid but I swear someone was watching me. I stood and walked over and glanced down the steps. There was a set of crystal eyes staring back. I screamed slammed the door and ran over to get my phone. I was about to call 911 but then the door flew open. There stood Ashley looking fuller then I remember her as. She looked me up and down. I looked down at myself and realized I was still in my bikini from the beach. 

"What are you doing here and how did you know where I was" I demanded. 

"We need to talk, they re-opened your case as a murder investigation. Now everyone is getting really suspicious. They have me as a suspect in your murder. They are even making Jake a suspect." Jake. I don't need to think about him now. The only person I ever loved and wanted to spend forever with. That's what I thought was gonna happen... I was wrong. "I'm going to court for it on Saturday, you need to come with me back to New Jersey. Now." 

"My friend Sarah is leaving and moving to Philly on Sunday morning. I need to be back by then. Wait why do you need me to go there?" 

"If you show up you can tell them that your perfectly fine and no one hurt you. Otherwise one of us might be charged with your murder and I don't want to be the one."

"So your telling me to come back home and be Angie again?"

"Yes."

"Well why did you have to steal my old passport, was it to prove a point or to scare me into going?"

"What I didn't touch your passport what are you talking about?" 

"Wait, you didnt take my passport"?

"What are you talking about!?" So if she didn't steal the passport then... who did? "Are you coming or not?" Her look was the same one as the night I left. That begging plea of desperateness.