Part 5

The private room was small. Dan saw the figures deform before his eyes, it seemed he had climbed on an old rickety jetty, two blue sofas instead of the sea.

 A hand pushed him forward, and the boy staggered and fell onto one of the sofas. In the distance, he heard laughter.

"Jaekyung's new toy is really cute. He has adorable doe eyes.
"A toy" Dan smiled bitterly.
This was exactly what he had been feeling lately.
He remembered Jaekyung's words:

"You're nothing more than a tool to handle my jinx."
"I'm not a tool," he muttered.
"What did you say?" One of the two men grabbed him by the face with one hand and squeezed his jaw.
 "Hmph!" Dan tried to fight back, but his body was too heavy and his confused thoughts weren't helping him.
"Now let's have some fun... "

***
The club was only a few steps away from his penthouse, and Jaekyung was so fast that he was in front of the sign within a few minutes. He rushed into the store and hastily took off his mask when he reached the entrance. The security guard recognized him immediately and stepped aside.

Two familiar figures emerged from the long, dark, and silent corridor.
Jaekyung ran toward them. The doctor supported Dan. The boy was in awful condition: his hoodie was torn, a swollen eye, and a cut on his lip.

"Jaekyung! I'm glad you're here!" the doctor said, trembling.

 "I was there just before they could do something... but I think he's under the influence of GHB..." he said in shock, but tried as best he could to explain what had happened.

Dan was barely able to stand, Jaekyung put a hand around his waist to support him.
"GHB?"
"I don't come to the club much, but... there are rumors... about some of the members... they're supposed to have indulged in chemsex," the doctor continued.
"What the hell is that?"
"... To lose any inhibitions...they take drugs before...retiring with a new partner..."

Jaekyung felt the blood boiling in his veins.
If he hadn't come in time...
He let go of the boy, who fell staggering onto the doctor and returned to the room from which he had seen the two come. There was no one left.

" Fuck!" He banged on the table and the glasses clinked.
 "I'll kill them, I'll kill them all."
Meanwhile, the doctor had joined him and was holding Dan, who was now as white as a sheet. "Jaekyung... We have to get him out of here... Now. " Jaekyung seemed to collect himself, his face a mask of calm.

An ember in the ashes.