Part 3

A boy, slightly taller than him, with wavy hair, held him by the wrist.

Dan recognized him immediately; he was the one he had seen at Jaekyung's the first time he crossed the penthouse doorway, the night it all began...

He also remembered the man's swollen face as he staggered away after being pushed against the wall by Jaekyung.

Dan shuddered."Y-you know me?"

"Of course," the man said strangely politely.

"You are Jaekyung's new "friend", aren't you? You are a legend here," the boy's lips twisted into a mischievous smile.
Dan blushed.

"Why don't we have a drink together?" he suggested.
Dan shook his head.
"I- I am sorry, I really have to go."

***

Jaekyung had just arrived home.

All the lights were off, and there was not even a trace of Kim Dan.

He raised an eyebrow in annoyance.

The hell is he doing?

The phone buzzed in his pocket and Jaekyung grabbed it angrily.

"He always does what he wants," he muttered.

He was surprised to discover that the sender was his trusted doctor and longtime friend.

I did not know you were coming to the Lovers' club tonight! Dan is already there
, we are waiting for you xoxo

Kim Dan? At the club?

Jaekyung squeezed the phone in his hand, if he had exerted any more force it would have been torn apart. He grabbed his jacket and hat, put on a mask so as not to be noticed, and left the apartment again.

"You'll pay for this, Doc Dan".