Chapter 5: Departure

15 Days Later...

A man with a decorative straw hat walked up towards the house. Yoriichi noticed him. He was carrying something on his back but wasn't able to be seen through the cloth.

"Hello sir!" The crimson boy greeted in a content tone. The may came close and stopped in front of the boy.

"I am looking for Yoriichi Tsugikuni and Nezuko Kamado. I have came to deliver their swords." The man spoke in a low tone.

"Thats me and my sister Nezuko is insid-" The boy was cut off by the man speaking again.

"This sword is precious... I have worked hard on make."

"Sir would you like to come inside?" Yoriichi asked but the man completely ignored his words.

"This sword is very precious... should be handled with care."

"Please sir just come inside." The man ignored his words again but started poking him when he realized something.

"You have that weird marking on your forehead. You must be a flame breather. Your sword will be red." The man said as he continued poking Yoriichi. The boy was lost by the man prediction. 'What is a flame breather?' He thought to himself.

Inside the home...

"Go on ahead and open it." The sword smith said while his arms swayed. Yoriichi took the sword out of the sheath and held it straight up. He then noticed the sword turn black. 'Black?' He thought. "A black sword!? How pathetic!!"

"Is a black sword bad?" The crimson boy asked.

"It isn't bad but however it is rare. It usually means that the user has no idea what to master." Urokodaki answered. The sword smith stormed out of the house. He was angry that he couldn't see the sword turn red. What enraged him even more is when Nezuko's sword also turned black even with her having a flame looking mark on her forhead. "Even if you too may not be able to master the water breathing, I still think you guys will become powerful Demon Slayers."

"CAW!! CAW!! YORIICHI!! NEZUKO!!" Yoriichi crow shouted.

"What is it Matsuemon?" The crimson boy asked.

"YOUNG GIRLS ARE GOING MISSING FROM A VILLAGE!! IT IS NORTHWEST FROM HERE!! NORTHWEST!!" The crow shouted as Nezuko's landed next to Matsuemon. "HURRY YOU TWO!!" After listening to the information from the crow, the siblings got ready to leave.

Later...

"I guess this where we part ways. I have also made a box for Michikatsu." The old man returned outside with a box. It was a nice color of brown and had straps for it to be carried like a backpack. "This box if made of wood light but durable wood called Mist Cloud Fir. The painting of it is also durable as well. The paint is know as Rock Paint. It hardens, adding more strength and durability to the box." Yoriichi sat the box on the ground.

"Come on big brother. Turn small and get in the box for me." Michikatsu turn away in a pout. He didn't want to get in the box. He wanted to walk around like his siblings. 'I didn't expect him to really hate being carried.' Yoriichi thought of an idea. 'This may be odd to the other but I think this may work.' "Brother." Michikatsu looked at Yoriichi with a raised eyebrow. "I will get you a sword like mine if you get in the box." The elder brother jumped with excitement. He turn into a younger child but his six eyes showed again. He wasn't strong enough to keep his eyes normal when he was in a child like state. "Good brother."

"What a stubborn boy." Nezuko said while laughing a bit.

"He's been acting very bratty since he became a demon. I guess its because he worked so much as a human and never took a break" The sibling waved their teacher good bye as they traveled to the village they needed to be in to complete their mission

Later that evening...

The siblings were nearing the village. They seen people were out and about even with the possible snatcher demon on the loose.

"We must talk to the person who was with the girl that was recently snatched." Yoriichi said as the two walked around the town. They looked around for a bit. The questions they asked people were ggetting no answers or the same answer was given.

"Not many people had an experience with the kidnapping. Everyone is going off of what someone else said." Nezuko said.

"Right. With that constantly repeating, we won't find any useful information." The siblings continued to walk through the town until they heard a male yelling.

"HOW THE HELL DID YOU LOOSE SIGHT OF HER!! WHAT DO YOU MEAN SHE WAS SNATCHED WHEN SHE WAS RIGHT NEXT TO YOU!!" A man yelled as he slapped the younger male with all his strength. The younger man was on the ground crying. He was holding his hand over the spot where he received the pain. Nezuko lead Yoriichi where the yelling was coming from. She then smelt a scent of loss from the younger male.

"Its him brother. He is crying over a recent loss." Yoriichi smiled. 'Her smelling skills are getting better. I'm proud of her.'

"Good job Nezuko. I see you really did improve. Way more than I expected." The siblings walked over to the man. Yoriichi held out a hand to help the man up. "What happen to the girl that was recently snatched." The crimson boy helped the man up.

"I-I don't know. W-we were talking then the next thing I-I noticed, she was g-gone. She didn't make any s-sound when she d-disappeared." The man panicked while explaining. Nezuko rested a hand on his shoulder to try and calm the man down which worked.

"We believe sir. When I neared this village I smelled a faint scent of a demon." Yoriichi said. The man was surprised but it made him feel better that someone wasn't trying to blame him. "It is a very stealthy demon. That's why there wasn't any noise when the girl got snatched. It could be a blood demon art that is preventing people from hearing their screams."

"The sun will fully be out the sky soon so maybe it will attack again tonight." Nezuko said. Yoriichi nodded.

"Of course. If they have a way to eat humans to get stronger and nothing has stopped them yet, they will keep coming back until they are done." Yoriichi added but something caught his mind. "Why does the demon only target young girls?"

"Maybe it is something about them that makes him stronger or he is just weird." Nezuko gave an unsure answer.

"Sir, I'm gonna need you to show me where you and the girl were last walking together at." The man began walking. He explained everything they did and every place they went that night. Yoriichi and Nezuko Could pick up faint scents. "His information is true but it seems the demon trace has vanished? This maybe where the demon disappeared after he was done for the night." Yoriichi sniffed around the area. Nezuko did the same until she was able to pick up a scent again. The scent was strong. The demon had shown revealed his presence again.

"BROTHER!!" Nezuko yelled. Yoriichi immediately turned his attention to Nezuko...

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

"It's here..."