Chapter 7 - The Good Ones

Hermione moaned as she stretched to help wake herself up... it was morning. What time in the morning, she had no idea, but early enough that the sky outside the window above the bed to her left was in the process of turning purple, pink, and gold, so... maybe about 5 or 6AM?

Now fully awake, she turned to take in her surroundings... she was still in the hospital wing, and Draco was sitting in the chair beside her, holding a death grip to his wand, as if he was ready to defend at any second... she smiled softly... he really didn't leave last night... he actually stayed to protect her from Ronald... she felt her heart swell at that.

Shaking her head, she continued looking around and found sleeping Lavender... in sleeping Blaze's arms. He seemed to be sitting up on the bed when he fell asleep, Lavender held protectively in his arms... memories came back... Lavender was a werewolf... Ron may have poisoned her... she could possibly be baren... ahh... Blaze must have been trying to soothe and comfort the young blonde when they both fell asleep... and judging by the tear marks and swollen eyes... Lavender must have cried herself to sleep.

Hermione was furious. Didn't the Weasel Know how DANGEROUS That Was?! He Could Have Possibly KILLED The Girl! And For WHAT?! So That She Would Be His Secret Girlfriend Without Question?! Has He No SHAME?!?!?!

*gurgle*

"Granger?" Draco asked, rubbing the sleep from his eyes with a smirk "Was that your stomach?"

Hermione blushed... hard... before she grabbed her pillow and shoved it in the blond's face, causing him to burst into laughter

"Mmn... what time is it?" Lavender asked as both she and Blaze were woken up by Draco's laughing

"About six in the morning now... breakfast will start in about an hour" Draco answered looking at the window

"You can tell that by the sun?" Lavender asked surprised

"It's the degree of colors in the sky... my family has always been into stars and constellations... it's usually about this time of day when you can no longer see neither the moon nor any stars anymore because the sun and colors block them out" Draco explained

"Oh" Lavender replied

"We're sorry for waking you two" Hermione apologized

"It's fine" Lavender brushed it off "I- actually, I don't know what time I actually fell asleep"

"I'd say probably about midnight to one in the morning... I fell asleep shortly after you" Blaze replied as Lavender nodded in understanding

Suddenly the door opened "Oh! You're all awake" Madam Pomphrey stated "I was just coming to check on you lot, but since you are all awake... Miss Granger" Pomphrey then went over to said girl and gave her one last final check-up to make sure all of the healing was done right "Everything seems good as new. You are free to go, Miss Granger"

Hermione smiled at the school nurse as she hopped off the bed

"Now then, Miss Brown... I'm afraid I have some good news and slightly bad news"

Lavender froze in fear

"The good news" the nurse started "is that you weren't poisoned"

"I-I wasn't?" she asked in shock

Madam Pomphrey shook her head and turned to Hermione "Miss Granger, have you ever heard of Midol?"

"Midol?" Hermione blinked in confusion "Of course I have... it's a muggle pain reliever... in 1911 it was originally used for headaches and toothaches, then it was said to be a cure for hiccups because they say it controlled the chest spasms... these days, however, it is used by women to relieve cramps and other side effects of a females monthly cycle. My parents were dentists, and my mother would often get migraines from all the stress... she's been using Midol since before I was born, and when I first... became a woman... she started encouraging me to use it as well"