Chapter 2

The ball seemed to bounce a lot higher than it was used to, so it took me a while to get my rhythm down, but once I did, I was unstoppable! It was actually a little more easier using a ball that bounces higher.

I checked my watch and it was already 6:30. "Crap" I silently said to myself. I must have been playing for a long time, lost in the game. Mom and Dad would be expecting dinner soon.

Once I got inside I quickly made some microwavable Mac n' Cheese took a bowl of it to my room and started my homework.

Well, I tried to start my homework. All my homework used to be in my locker and I couldn't print it out because I didn't have my computer.

I hated those boys so much.

I hated everyone.

I considered my options,

I could not do my homework for the rest of the year and fail all my classes,

I could ask my parents for help (yeah right)

Or I could just skip school all together.

I have to admit, I was actually considering option three.

I sat there for twenty more minutes trying to figure out what I should do. Once I had finished my Mac n' Cheese I took my paper bowl and threw it away.

On my way back I noticed that my parents hadn't touched their food yet.

Why hadn't they touched their food? I thought.

Are they okay?

I thought about going into their room, where they spend all their time, but then I thought better of it.

They're probably just not hungry yet.

Yeah that's got to be it.

I ran back to my room and lay on my bed, trying not to think.

It was only 7:00 but I was really tired.

I had to do something to pass the time so I figured I'd go outside and look for my old tennis ball.

I ran outside and it was as light as it was and hour ago.

That's strange I thought to myself.

I ran down the street and found a couple at a house.

I waved to them, but I guess they didn't see. They seemed kind of frozen. Like they weren't moving.

Weird.

As I continued to walk I noticed that there were two little kids playing ball with each other. I know, that sounds pretty normal, but they weren't moving and the ball was hanging in mid air.

Wow, I thought, I must be more tired than I thought!

I ran back to the house and noticed that the Mac n' Cheese still hadn't been touched.

Something must be wrong, I thought.

According to my watch, it's already almost 8:00.

After 10 minutes of thinking about what to do I finally told myself to open that door and see what was wrong.

I don't know what I was expecting on the other side. Maybe a lady who looked like a loving caring mom and a dad who looked caring but was also strict.

It took me some time, but I finally worked up the courage to open that door.

I was in shock.

I saw a man and a woman. They looked too old to be parents. They were both really fat, and I mean obese. They were staring at a screen that was paused. They had no expressions on their face and also appeared to be frozen.

These people couldn't be my parents.

My parents were healthy people, not this mess.

They had changed so much since the last time I had saw them.

Another thing, which was weird, was that they were frozen. Like everyone I had seen walking down the street.

I must be dreaming, I thought to myself, but I knew I wasn't.

"Mom" I whispered."Dad?"

There was no answer. Just silence in the air.

I said it a little louder this time.

"Mom, Dad?"

Still no answer.

"MOM!!! DAD!!"

No answer.

I was freaking out.

Why was everyone frozen but me?

Was this a huge prank?

What is happening?