Chapter 3

I began to have a little bit of a panic attack.

Was this what dying was like?

Who caused this?

I tried to think of what to do.

Should I try to get them up?

I figured it was best to leave them alone.

I ran through the whole house looking for anything I could use to un-freeze everyone.

I tried calling the police, but the phone line was dead and I realized that their wouldn't be anyone to answer!

I ran into my room and couldn't help but notice my new tennis ball.

Freeze.

Was that what had caused all this to happen? That stupid new tennis ball I had found on the street?

I had an idea.

I quickly grabbed my racket and the freeze ball and ran to the garage.

I lifted the ball into the air and before it touched my racket I quickly said,

"Unfreeze"

As soon as the ball bounced back to me I grabbed it and went back inside.

Mom and dad were still frozen.

I wondered if the ball only affected this neighborhood.

I ran out of our street and into another.

I found that the same thing had happened there. People who were walking were now frozen. I even saw a dog in the middle of pooping.

I didn't have any time to be grossed out.

I glanced down at my watch. Why hadn't it been frozen like everything else. According to my watch it was already 10:00.

I had wasted too much time trying to figure out how to unfreeze everyone. It was no use.

What if the world stayed frozen like this forever?

A wave of tiredness hit me. I needed to get some rest. There was really nothing I could do.

I decided I would sleep for and hour and then investigate more. I mean I wouldn't be able to do anything if I was exhausted, right?

Once I got home I ran right to my room. It was already 10:30 by the time I got in my bed.

I set my alarm clock for an hour, and went to sleep.