Ch5: On your marks, get set, GO!

CW: panic attack

(3rd Person PoV)

"Harucchi...," Asana whispered, using the nickname that she gave Tiger when they were younger kids.

"She lost...," Gakuto said, shocked.

"Tiger nooooo!" Luke cried and his friends comforted him.

Yusei made a fist at this. This was only the second duel and people who are important to some of the others here were gone.

It's like they were being picked off one by one.

He never felt this helpless before.

Kaito arrived but stayed far away from everyone, even his own team.

Yuma was about to approach him when his friends stopped him.

"He looks like he needs some time alone," Kotori told him.

"I don't blame him. Sending someone to wherever this Shadow Realm place is which causes them to lose their soul. He may need to process this first before any of us goes to talk to him," Tetsuo added on.

They're right but still...Yuma was worried for his friend.

Then two robots appeared and approached two people. The next duelists.

"Excuse me but I am here to escort you to the garage," one of them said.

"The garage?" Aki asked.

"The next duel will be determined to be a Turbo duel and you will need your D-Wheel for it," the robot explained.

A Turbo duel huh. I hope my opponent knows how to Turbo duel, Aki thought.

"I'll have to drive a D-Wheel? But I don't have one," Rin told the second robot.

"Most D-Wheels that our master has here are rentables. Some are of the Turbo Duelists here but most of them are yours to rent for your duel. There's no cost fortunately," the robot explained.

"I see...," Rin said. She knows how to drive a D-Wheel but she never owned one though. She usually borrows Yugo's.

"Hey, you'll do great. Just be careful is all I'm saying," Yugo assured her.

"Th-thank you," Rin said with a blush.

"Ok Ms.Rin, follow me," the robot said and rolled off.

"Good luck," Yugo told her.

"Yeah, ditto," Yuzu said to her Synchro counterpart.

Rin nodded and followed the robot.

"Now follow me, Ms.Izayoi," the first robot said.

Before Aki could follow the robot, Yusei stopped her.

"Please be careful," he told her, worried.

"I'll be fine. There's no need to worry," Aki assured him, trying for a smile.

Still, there was no mistake that Aki could see the worry in his eyes.

"Good luck," he gave a nod before walking away.

"Thank you," Aki told him before following the robot.

Rin got to the garage first but she couldn't see her opponent. Maybe they're in a separate spot?

"Please change into this Turbo Duelist outfit," the robot said and held up a bag.

Rin took it and peeked into it.