Chapter 1: I Met An Outsider

Kion POV

it's a beautiful day outside and I am on my own patrolling the Pride Lands in peace and quiet. When suddenly I heard a sound and I go to check it out. Suddenly I fell into a river and I was flowing away.

"No, no, no, no! Help!" I shouted.

"I'm coming!" A feminine voice yelled in reply. It was a lioness cub about my age. It looked like an.. outsider.

"Grab my paw!" The feminine voice said. I grabbed her paw and i was lifted up. I gasped for air as I got a good look at my savior. It was an outsider. One of Zira's in fact!

"You! You're one of Zira's cubs aren't you!?" I growled. The female scoffed. "I'm sorry I saved your life! If anything without me coming to the rescue you would be nothing but scraps of golden fur." She shot back.

I sighed in defeat, knowing she was right and I rolled my eyes. "And who is my savior?" I asked.

"Vitani," the lioness said. Vitani meant battle or war in Swahili. I thought Vitani was a beautiful name. "I'm waiting for my apology!" She growled.

"I'm sorry for growling at you," I finally said, "I think Vitani's a beautiful name."

She seemed shocked. "No one ever said that before. Thanks, I guess. And your name is...?"

"Kion." I answered. "Would you like to be friends?"

"Sure. I don't really got any friends in my pride since we're all just lions fighting for our lives, we barely had time to even think about friendship." Vitani said as we shared a hug.

"Hope i see you again!" I said. "Not if I see you first." she replied and left.

I ended up telling my sister, Kiara about the beautiful outsider I just met.

"Wow! I met an outsider too! His name was Kovu he was very brave!" Kiara said

"Yeah. She was very beautiful, her name was Vitani...." I said as I trailed off, thinking about her.

"You love her don't you~?" Kiara teased.

"Wh-what?! no, no, no!" I denied.

"It's okay, Kion. I love Kovu." Kiara confessed.

"Fine... i guess I love Vitani." I said.

"My brother has a girlfriend?!" Kiara asked.

"No! I just met her, you creep!" I said. Kiara shot me a smirk.

"You know what a ladies man you can be." Kiara teased. "Zuri and Tiifu have a crush on you~"

"Tell them don't get their hopes up. I have my eyes on someone else." I said, rolling my eyes.

"Okay then lover boy. I'm just gonna go now." Kiara teased.

"Yeah, you better before I decide to Roar on you." I replied.

"You wanna be like Scar?"

"Dang it."

Kiara laughed. "Don't worry, Kion. Your secret's safe with me."