S1 EP2 - The First Cut Is The Deepest

TRIGGER WARNING: THIS EPISODE INCLUDES MENTIONS OF SA AND R*PE

———

Lucas entered the interns locker room where he saw a notice on the board that had been posted by Meredith. It was a request for roommates and said that she had three rooms available. Lucas ignored it at first, but he then thought about his current living arrangements at the hotel.

———

The interns waited in the main hall for Bailey as they talked to Meredith about why she didn't want any of them as her roommates.

Izzie: Why put up posters if you don't want roommates?

Meredith: I do want roommates. We're together 100 hours a week. You want to live together, too?

Lucas: Not ideally, no. But I am desperate, Grey.

Cristina took notice of the coffee Meredith had brought in for Bailey.

Cristina: I see you bring bribes now, huh?

George: I need a place to live. My mom irons my scrubs. I have to get out of there.

Meredith: It's not a bribe. And I don't think it's a good idea.

George: But I can put down last, first, and deposit-

Cristina: It's totally a bribe.

Izzie: I can cook and I'm an obsessive cleaner.

Lucas: I am living in a hotel. A hotel, Meredith! I need a place to live. I can't work here and live in a hotel. I'm essentially homeless. Scratch that, I am homeless. I am without a home, Meredith. That's the definition of homeless. Won't you home the homeless?

Meredith: No. I just want three total strangers who I don't have to talk to or be nice to. And it's not a bribe. It's a mocha latte.

Bailey approached the interns.

Bailey: George, you run the code team. Meredith, take the trauma pager. Cristina, deliver the weekend labs to the patients. Izzie, you're on sutures.

Lucas: Uhm... what about me?

Bailey: You, Lucas, are with Dr. Willis. For some ungodly reason, he wants to see you.

Lucas: Sweet. I mean, of course, Dr. Bailey.

Bailey began to walk away when Meredith stopped her.

Meredith: Dr. Bailey, I was hoping to assist you in the OR today. Maybe do a minor procedure. I think I'm ready. Mocha latte?

She presented her with the coffee she'd gotten.

Cristina: If she gets to cut, I want to cut too.

Izzie: Yeah, me too.

George: I wouldn't mind another shot, I mean, if everybody else is.

Bailey: Stop talking. Every intern wants to perform their first surgery. That's not your job. Do you know what your job is? To make your resident happy. Do I look happy? No. Why? Because my interns are whiny. You know what will make me look happy? Having a code team staffed, having the trauma pages answered, having the weekend labs delivered, and having someone down in the pit doing sutures.

Lucas: And me going to Dr. Willis?

Bailey: You think that makes me happy? It doesn't.

She took the coffee off Meredith and walked away.

Bailey: No one holds a scalpel till I'm so happy that I'm Mary freakin' Poppins.

Cristina: Mocha latte, my ass.