Chapter 8

Ethan's POV

Once I was our from the shower, I dried myself off and lotions my body while thinking of my parents. I decided to call mom and informed her I will be home fit breakfast. I got dresses in dark jeans, a black v-neck shirt, sneakers and a leather jacket. I went down and got in my car. The drive to my childhood home was solemn.

Traffic was light as it was a Sunday morning. I went to knock but our butler was already opening the door greeting me. I greeted back and hear running footsteps coming towards me. I immediately saw my sister running towards me "Hey big brother, I missed you so much. You must visit more." Shecwas hugging me so tight I couldn't help but swirl her around in the air. She giggled. I had missed her too. I put her down and waited for to be steady then let her go.

Our parents had loving smiles on their faces as we exchanged greetings. We sat down for breakfast and it was a feast. We were enjoying the meal with light chatter until Stacey my arrange fiance showed up shrieking so loud I had to cover my ears to block out the ear piercing noise. She flung herself to me peppering kisses on my face saying she missed me. I looked to my mom who had a grin on her face and I knew it she was the one who arranged this.

I got up and told her to go wait for Mr in my room and she ran upstairs. I couldn't eat anymore and asked my dad to meet at his office. He looked sceptical like he knew exactly what I wa going to say.

He opened his office door sighing and turn to his chair "out with it son." I just say there brushing my fingers through my hair not knowing where to begin.

"Dad I want out of the arranged marriage with Stacey, heck I didn't even agree or given an option. It's not like we need anything from them." My dad had a faraway look and just sat there looking away from me.

After he pulled himself together he looked at me and said "son, I know this is hard for you but we can't cancel this deal. It was made a long time ago when we were a jam and the Randall's helped us out for nothing except a marriage alliance. Since you and Stacey are close in age and she seemed to like you it was easy to agree. Kings was not what it is at moment. You were meant to get married last year when you turned 21 and took over."

I looked over to my dad in disbelief and asked if this agreement was in writing, I hoped could find a loophole to get. I can't believe I never thought of this before. "Yeah son, it is in writing alright. But why now? Do you have someone else?"

I smiled thinking of Gail and felt the warmth again. I explained to my dad about her and he said he understood but was worried about mom. I was also worried but dad said he will speak yo her.

I went to my room and told Stacey I had an emergency and left before she could even respond.

While I got into my car with no destination in mind Martin called me and that the happiest call I ever received.

Cliff hanger ;)

No worries, all will be revealed in the next chapter. Please remember to vote and comment.