Chapter 9

Hi my loveys, we are on 13 reads. Thank you. Please remember to vote and comment ♥

Ethan's POV

Martin asked to meet with me and I told him we can meeting at the hotel's restaurant. And I was pulling up there in a few minutes, rushing in to look for him. I found him at a quiet corner with a different file in front of him. We greeted each other and he went straight to the point.

"Ethan, before I hand you the file please just try to keep calm yeah. So she is turning eighteen in six months. She was left at the orphanage when she was only two years old. The police and social Services came up empty, buy the birth certificate helped." I looked up at him unamused. "Martin, you are telling me what I already know man from the file I gave you." He just looked serious but continued.

"I was making sure you were listening. Her parents are Elizabeth and Tom Black. When they gave her up they owed a lot of money to the mob and they thought they were keeping her safe. They are still alive as there is no record of their deaths. They seem to be in hiding still, there are no traces of them. Let me know if you want me to find them and I will get on it."

I sat there shocked and asked him "who is the mob they owe and how that came about?" Martin looked defeated "your future father in law man, Allan Randall. Tom had gambling issues that's how they got in to millions worth of debt."

That just made my situation go from bad to worse very fast. Allan won't back out of the marriage alliance especially with this new revelation. I need to think strategically to get out of this fast. This might be a war between our families.

I stood up deflated and thanked Martin for this. I also asked him to locate the Black's bur not to make contact, just observe and report.

I went up to my penthouse and contacted my attorney to go over the marriage alliance contract.