03

Z

Tara was happily tapping away on her phone as we walked to cafers- our place. It's a cozy little diner and cafe. We've been going there since the day we first met. In fact, we've been there so much so, the owner, a happily elderly man in his late 60s and his wife - we assume she's older cuz she always keeps scolding him for things he keeps forgetting and he tries to make up for that by making her her favourite food. Yes, We have seen all that. And every time, it melts our hearts.

Tara even went as far as to say "if  i get a man like that, I'm marrying him. Even if he's 70".

Every time we watch them, i question myself. Do people who love each other for eternity exist? Is true love real? Can I get a partner who can love me for all I am? With all my faults? Till death do us apart?"

"Aren't they lovely?" Tara sighs from opposite to me.

"Yes. Yes they are"

The Old woman approached us "what do I get for my princesses here"

That does it
Everytime

Tara squeals. Here we go. "I want pizza. Extra cheese. Cheese inside the crust. One 7-up. Some chips"

She noted all that and turned to me

"One shawarma. Mutton. A sprite and large french fries. For both of us. Thanks, mrs. Miller"

She keeps her hand oh her chest and says
"Oh c'mon call me Maya"

"Oh c'mon call me Maya "

Tara says at the same time

We all laugh. She goes to get our order

When she comes back, Tara says "Maya, do you have a son? Or two?"

Maya had a full, hearty laugh. "

"Aah of I get to get  both o'you to be my daughter-in-laws, I would've adopted two sons decades ago" she laughs

She has two lovely daughters. We've met them a few times and they were lovely. Just like their parents. The elder daughter, Nikole, got married last fall, and she's expecting a son. The younger, Caroline is dating a guy since 3 three years. I think he's going to put a ring on her very soon. Just a feeling.

Me and Tara ate our food chattering happily.

The bell rang indication someone arrived. Tara glanced towards the door and she stopped mid-way