05

G

"What?" Couldn't he have called any other time? I swear he just finds the most inconvenient times to press the buttons.
"Found her" came the response from the other side.

Hmm....now this is some news. Our next target has proved to be a little difficult to sniff out. They made sure she's not traceable. But clearly, they didn't make enough effort to do it right.

"I'm on my way back. Let's talk at home" I disconnected the call.

Tara.
That's her name. Not that i care. Not unless she's the key to get back what's mine. It's a good thing her father is the affectionate type. He'd do anything to get his little girl back.

The doors open automatically and I drive in. Walking in, i see him leaning on the couch and resting his feet on the table. I tsk. He knows that irritates me and he uses that every chance he gets. Sadly, I can't kill the fucker.

"How was the drive?" He asks casually popping a cherry into his mouth. "as always" I reply taking off my gloves and disposing them. I go into the 'cleaning room' to wash my hands. Even though I wore gloves, some had splashed onto my arms, ruining the sleeves. Blood. Spit.

"Saw her today. At the cafe. It's her" he says as I walk into my room. I unbotton and throw the shirt into the laundry and pick a new tee and some sweatpants. "Sure it's her? We can't afford to pick up the wrong one and have her chained". He was going through his phone when I walked back in and sat opposite him.

He slides his phone my way "that's her". He shows me some pictures. That's her? She's a beauty. But she's my key to get back what's mine. It's already too late. "Pick her up" i say giving his phone back. "you sure?" He asks raising his eyebrows. "Make sure she's not dead by the time she's here" I say and make my way to the mini bar and pour myself some whiskey
"Alright". I hear footsteps leaving.

I know he hates it. I do too. But she's just staying here until her dear father pays me back.
We're not animals. We take back only what's ours. And she, is the key to get her father talking.