Chapter 8

When he got in he saw Andrew right away. He was working at his desk. Andrew has blonde hair and gray eyes like Lucas. It was one of the reasons they got along. He walked over thinking that he wished he stayed in contact with Andrew over the one year. "Hey, Drew."

Drew looked up and smiled. "Lucas, it's been a while."

"It has. I have a pretty difficult case I'm working on. I was wondering if you would help with a few things?"

"Sit and tell me everything. Otherwise, I might not be able to help you." Lucas did what he was told and laid out everything he had on his case.

"So I can't get a warrant to search Madison's house because of my boss," he finished.

"Your boss is really helping her?"

"Seems like it. He made Kris and I leave the crash sight when he arrived on the scene. He wouldn't let me go to any of the crime scenes."

"I'll get the warrant and then we both will head over. Give me an hour."

"That quick?"

"My boss doesn't like paperwork. So his solution to it is to get everything paper done quickly. Trust me his policy with paper helps a lot."

"Okay then. Glad we can get it done quick." Two hours later they were standing in front of Madison's door with forensics and detectives. Ready to search her place. Lucas knock and she opened it. She opened the door quicker than she normally does. I wonder if she was watching the street. Lucas thought.

"Yes, Detective?"

"Hi, Mrs. Parker. We have a warrant to search your house. May we come in?"

She looked behind him. "Does everyone behind you need to come in?"

"Yes, and it would be good if you stayed out here with me. That way we both stay out of their way."

"Why do you need to search my house?"

Drew smirked. "To make sure you aren't the killer, obviously. Unless you have something to hide."

Lucas noticed that she looked nervous. "Can I clean up first? It's a mess in here."

Both Lucas and Drew shook their heads. "And give you time to hide stuff? No, these people are used to working in messy places so you don't need to worry," Lucas said.

"Detective Philips, I asked you to find my parent's killer. Not harass me," she said, furiously.

"That is exactly what I'm doing. I'm doing my job. Care to explain the blood that was on your knives?"

"What knives? The ones your friends stole? Those aren't mine! They came in the mail."

"I doubt that. But if that is true and you are innocent then why lie? And why not let us in?" While they were arguing Drew's detectives had been working inside. So this last question wasn't really necessary but he wanted to throw the question at her anyway.

"Why search an innocent's house?" She snapped at him.

"Because I don't believe your innocent," he snapped back.

"Bastard! I am more innocent than anyone in the entire world! Including you and your friend!"

"Then why lie to us?" Drew asked, calmly. Giving Lucas a look telling him to calm down.

"Maybe because I don't trust you, cops! You never kept Zack in jail. He was a criminal at thirteen and you couldn't do your job and keep him where he belonged!" She yelled.

"Your parents bailed him out just like they did for you six years ago," Lucas said, trying to get back his control. It was difficult.

"I went to jail for protecting my brother! How is that fair?"