The one with the international.

Parker sat in the dressing room with her headphones in, her rituals completed, her hair band on, her grey ankle tape firmly in place, her cut socks fitting perfectly. She felt good. She felt even better with the new addition to her uniform, sitting proudly wrapped around her right bicep. It was taking literally everything in her body not to text her dad or Hailee about the surprise she got when she walked into the dressing room today. A few of the starts from the team have had to drop out of the break, including their usual captains, so when she got called in to the coaches office to inform her of the news, she nearly peed in excitement.

She felt a hand tap her shoulder, a signal from Christen that it was time to go. She took her AirPods out, putting them back into the holder before standing up and tapping the toe of her boots on the floor before the team made their way to the tunnel.

Parker went to stand in her usual place at the back before quickly remembering her new responsibility once a USA small flag was shoved in her arms. "Oh balls." She mumbled as she walked to the front of the line.

She quite literally felt like her heart was going to fall out of her ass. This is a big deal. She can't mess it up. She won't mess it up.

"Let's go!" She shouted back at the girls as they got the signal to begin walking out. "Let's fucking go." She mumbled to herself.

—————————————///——————————

Hailee crouched down slightly to place her beer on the ground, her seat behind the dugout enabling her to have plenty of room. Parker offered to get her a private box seen as Sam, Alex, and Griffin were all coming with her. But Hailee quickly declined, wanting to soak in the atmosphere from the fans as best she can after watching the last game on tv.

"Oh my god." She heard Alex shout from next to her, his hands reaching out and landing on both Sam's and Hailee's arm.

"What, what?" Hailee asked, well aware she's probably missing something. She's new to this, sue her.

"She's at the front." Alex stated, grin on her face.

Sam snapped his head to his husband, mouth agape slightly. "Wait. If you're fucking with me Alex, I'm gonna be pissed. Has she got it on?!"

"What is happening?!" Hailee exclaimed, growing concerned quickly. "Has she got what on?"

Hailee could see Sam's mouth moving from his position next to Alex, but as the roar of the crowd increased she was unable to hear what he said. She gave up momentarily to join in with the shouts, clapping her hands before waving them in the air as she seen the number 6 shirt with 'Maddox' written across the back, identical to the one she herself has on now. "Go Parker!" She shouted, knowing the girl wouldn't hear her, but not caring at all. She turned her attention back to Alex and Samson who were both wiping tears away, arms wrapped around each other in s tight embrace.

Choosing not to interrupt what looked like their moment, she judged Griffin who was standing with a proud grin on his face. "What's going on?" She asked when he moved his head closer.

"She's captain, Hail."

"Has she not done that before?" Hailee asked, knowing its a big thing, but not fully grasping.

"She's not normally captain, but it looks like some players are out, but instead of someone more experienced...they've gave it to her. The World Cup stars in a few months, that's a massive statement to make. Like huge. Their captains are out and they gave her the captaincy? Like that's huge, hail!"

Hailee's eyes grew as Griffin explained further, an overwhelming sense of pride coming over of her girlfriend. She watched as Parker walked onto the pitch backwards, tapping her thigh for her dad and then kissing her wrist for Hailee, something that had become a regular occurrence lately.