Chapter 1: Captured

Chapter description: After a disastrous battle with Eggman and Infinite, Silver finds himself on a mission to save Sonic and Shadow from the Doctor's clutches. How will this hedgehog defeat the mastermind who has attempted to defeat Sonic but failed numerous times?

It's been a week since Sonic and his friends returned home from Splatsville. Mephiles' emerald has gone missing and the Freedom Fighters have to find it before it's too late...

Sonic and Shadow were fending off Eggman and Infinite in town.

"Give it up, Egghead!" Sonic said, as he homing attacked Eggman's Eggmobile.

Shadow chaos speared Infinite down, next to the doctor.

"I really hate hedgehogs." Eggman said, defeated.

"Yup. I agree." Infinite said.

"This goes to show you, Doctor! The Freedom Fighters will always come out on top!" Shadow said.

"Soon this will be the start of a greater plan than the Doctor has undertaken before!" Infinite thought.

It was then in a puff of dark smoke, Scourge appeared with a Chaos Emerald on a staff similar to Mephiles' old one.

"Haha! We'll see about that!" Scourge said, smirking evilly.

"Scourge?!" Sonic and Shadow said, shocked to see the green hedgehog.

"I thought you were locked up in Octavio's snowglobe." Sonic said, worried.

"Well, the Doctor was able to break him out twice." Scourge said. "I broke out on my own. Should've had it plated with vengestone."

"Oh, yeah. The Octostrikers should've remembered to do that." Shadow said.

"No matter. Even one emerald isn't enough to take us down." Sonic said.

"Wanna bet?" Scourge said, as demonic tentacles came from the emerald.

"Wait. Those tentacles!" Shadow said, realizing.

Scourge whipped the tentacles from the emerald's power at Sonic and Shadow. It gripped the two hedgehogs and sent a surge of electricity right in their bodies. Sonic and Shadow screamed in pain. Scourge laughed evilly as the two hedgehogs fell to the ground knocked out.

"Sonic Ogilvie and Shadow Robotnik are knocked out!" Scourge said, as the tentacles went back in the emerald.

"Well done, Scourge." Eggman said. "You've done well. Infinite, teleport us all back to the lair."

"At once!" Infinite said, as he teleported everyone back to the Doctor's lair.

Silver was watching from afar as he was worried.

"Oh no! Sonic, Shadow!" Silver said, as he teleported off.

(At Eggman's lair...)

Sonic and Shadow were shackled in the main room. Both hedgehogs were chained to the wall with vengestone to prevent breaking out. No matter how hard they try, their mobian powers were repressed. Eggman walked in with Orbot, Cubot, Scourge, and Infinite at his side.

"Don't bother wasting your energy to break free from your shackles." Eggman said. "I have these ones made of vengestone."

"This isn't good." Sonic said.

"Finally! I have you two defeated at last!" Eggman said, with an evil grin. "No more Sonic the Hedgehog. No more Shadow the Hedgehog."

"And soon... no more Freedom Fighters." Infinite said.

"Exactly!" Scourge said, smiling evilly.

"Our friends will come searching for us, Doctor! It's only a matter of time!" Shadow said.