Chapter 2: Attack of the Doppleclones

Chapter Description: Silver and Mighty have made it to Eggman's lair. With the power of a Chaos Emerald, now he needs to defeat Eggman to rescue Sonic and Shadow... Right? Something feels wrong about this place...

Silver and Mighty have arrived at the entrance to Eggman's lair.

"We're finally here." Mighty said.

"Uh huh. Now all we have to do is defeat Eggman and free Sonic and Shadow." Silver said, as he and Mighty entered. "I can't remember the last time I traveled to Eggman's lair. Or even if I came to this place at all."

"Yeah. Sonic is usually the one who's whooping Eggman pretty hard all the time." Mighty said.

Silver and Mighty arrived at Eggman's main planning room.

"This is it. You ready, Mighty?" Silver said, turning his head to see Mighty was gone. "Mighty? Where'd you go?"

"Silver, is that you?!" Sonic said, from behind the door.

"Sonic! Hang on, I'll get you out!" Silver said, as he opened the door and stepped in.

Silver walked inside the room to see Sonic facing away from him.

"Sonic! Wait, how did you break free from your shackles?" Silver said, confused. "Nevermind. Let's get you out of here before Eggman gets back! Where's Shadow?!"

Sonic turned around with a devilish smile.

"Sorry, Silver... but you're too late!" Sonic said, with a different voice.

"What?" Silver said, a little worried.

Sonic snapped his fingers, revealing it wasn't really him. But another Doppleclone. Silver gasped in shock.

"Another Doppleclone?!" Silver said, worried.

Mighty came in and spoke up.

"Hey, Dub." Mighty said, in a deep voice before snapping his fingers.

Another Doppleclone was disguised as Mighty the Armadillo, and Silver didn't even know.

(Flashback)

Mighty was waiting outside the shop patiently for Silver to grab the Chaos Emerald. But two Doppleclones knocked him out and brought him back to the Freedom Fighter headquarters.

"I'll take Mighty's position." One of the Doppleclones said.

"Good luck, Trip." Sin said.

"Thanks, Sin." Trip said, snapping his fingers taking Mighty's form.

(End of flashback)

Silver was worried at he was surrounded by two doppleclones.

"Heh, you were a good shopkeep, Dub." Trip said.

Silver turned to Dub in shock that he was the shopkeeper that sold him the Chaos Emerald back in Hedgehog Village.

"I think you're better as Mighty... A spy on the Freedom Fighters!" Dub said, smirking evilly.

"Ugh, that guy was lame." Trip said. "So, are we capturing him now?"

"As long as this hedgehog is free, we can't let him stop our plans for world domination." Dub said.

A blast projectile hit Dub as Silver and Trip turned to see who fired it. It was a man dressed up like a scientist. His name was Dr. Ovi Kintobor 'As said on his nametag'.

 Ovi Kintobor 'As said on his nametag'