Chapter 7: Dimentio's Demise (End)

Chapter Description: Mephiles is defeated, but of course it wasn't as simple as that... our heroes have let Dimentio defeat Sage and Mephiles to become the last Doppleclone leader. He shatters the mirror and takes his page with him so that he cannot have his powers taken away. What will the Freedom Fighters do now?

(Flashback [Chapter 4])

Dimentio teleported to Mephiles' side to let him know about what Dub and Trip have been talking about behind their backs.

"Master. I've just returned from eavesdropping on Dub and Trip." Dimentio said. "They're planning to betray us!"

"Those traitors!" Mephiles said, in anger. "After everything I've given them, they plan to overthrow my rule on them!"

"They don't know that we know just yet." Dimentio said. "And besides, you've kept them locked up in here after what happened with the Doctor."

"Good point." Mephiles shrugged. "Alright. Let them think they can have hope to stop us."

"Uh... I don't understand." Dimentio said, confused.

"You're going to drop in on what they're planning. Make them think you're on their side." Mephiles said. "And when the time is right, you take them out!"

"Oh. I get it." Dimentio said, with an evil grin.

"Everything is going according to plan." Mephiles said, as he laughed evilly.

(End of flashback)

The Freedom Fighters were in shock that Dimentio has betrayed them. But it was all Mephiles' plan.

"So, you fire the arrows of the palace wall, and the mirror. Onto the page repeatedly..." Dimentio said, knowing how Doppleclones can lose their powers. "I always wondered how that was done..."

"Dimentio... Why?" Dub said, in exhaustion.

Everyone was in shock.

"How could you do this?!" Kintobor said, in anger.

"What have we done?" Silver said, feeling guilty.

"The Time Overlord never changes his ways." Shadow said.

Dimentio knocked Kintobor away, gaining possession of the Mirror of Stardust.

"Let's destroy this now so you can't do the same to me." Dimentio said, throwing the mirror on the floor.

He stomped on it, breaking the mirror in half.

"No!" Silver said.

"You bastard!" Sonic said, as his quills went dark.

"You'll pay for this!" Shadow said.

"Now, I'm the most powerful leader of the Doppleclones, the one and only master shapeshifter remaining." Dimentio said, as the remaining Doppleclones who still have their powers got up. "My army and I can be anyone in the entire world, and no one can stop us."

Silver stepped up.

"How could you do this to us?!" Silver said, in anger.

"When I saw your determination to save Sonic and Shadow, way back in Sunset Heights, I thought you might have it in you." Dimentio said. "I made sure you walked past Sin's performance in Hedgehog Village, to make sure you found out some more about our powers. I even saved you from being captured."

"Wait, what?" Sonic and Shadow said, confused.

"What are you talking about?" Silver asked.

"Mephiles wanted me to capture the entire Sonic Underground band that destroyed him, but you three were the only ones left in the Freedom Fighters after disbanding." Dimentio explained. "We realized your powers weren't fully restored when you were brought back, so we let you live."