How Bee Came to Be

~~Just want to say that I appreciate all the support for this story 😊

Also, the future turtles are 41 (Raph), 40 (Donnie and Leo), 39 (Mikey), and Casey is 15

**Please know that I don't actually know how to take care of a newborn or any kind of baby**~~

"I'm sorry, you what?!" Donatello stared at his sister in shock, not believing the words that just came out of her mouth.

"I said I want a baby. Can you make me one?" April said, her expression was aloof and her tone firm. It was missing that usual warmth it had when she talked with him or the family. But he can chalk it up to her being stuck in her 'Commander O'Neil' persona as she had just come back from a mission. Which made it all the more shocking that she had come into his lab just to ask him for that.

"April -I can't believe I have to say this to you- you're a human, GO MAKE YOUR OWN BABY WITH SOMEONE."

"I don't have time for that! Can't you just...make me one? One that can be made quickly?"

"I could but I'm not going to. One, because I don't want to, and two, I don't want to! What's with the sudden change of tune? I thought you didn't want kids?" April crossed her arm and looked off to the side, an irritated scowl on her face.

"I just want one ok? And I want one as soon as possible." She clicked her tongue and turned to look at him again, the scowl still on her face. "What materials do you need to make this baby? I can get it for you."

"Well hypothetically speaking, I'd need your DNA, someone else's DNA, and Draxum's ooze. But even if you get the materials for me, I'm not making you shit until you give me a good reason to."

"Because if you don't, I'll just leave and find someone who will make me one." She answered quickly and coldly. Her answer left him in shock and speechless. What was going on with her? He would've never expected to hear something like that coming from her. It was so out of character, so out of left field, he found that he didn't know how to respond to that. He wanted to wholeheartedly believe that it was just some irrational threat, he knew her better than that, but a very small part of him whispered what if. What if she actually went through with the threat?

Again he found himself wondering what got into his sister. The sudden demand for a baby was so weird. She told him once that she would never have a kid if it meant they had to grow up in this fucked up world. And now all of a sudden, after a mission, she wants a baby.

With her icy gaze and threat lingering, he couldn't bring himself to say no. "Fine, bring me the DNA stuff and I'll get the ooze. We'll start tomorrow so please just...leave. I have some work to do." She only nodded and left his lab, the door sliding shut behind her.

Donatello took a deep breath and absent-mindedly tapped his fingers on his desk. He didn't have enough energy or time to deal with whatever emotions he was feeling right now.

"S.H.E.L.L.D.O.N., can you bring me some more coffee?"