chapter 5 [Projects]

Y/n was bored playing zelda so he sets his switch down to charge and gets up to stretch out his arms before feeling his phone vibrate. Curious he goes to check who it is

Yauso
[Hey y/n 😁👋.]

Y/n
[Yauso? Hey what's up??]

Yauso
[Do you wanna hang out this weekend?]

Y/n
[Yeah for sure man. Where we going to?🤔]

Yauso
[Was think the arcade downtown.]

Y/n
[There's an arcade downtown? Wtf👀]

Yauso
[Yeah lol.]

Y/n
[Alright sounds good see u.👍]

.

Y/n did not know there was an arcade here but was now a little less bored at the thought of going to one this weekend.

He thought all the while walking down the stairs and enters the kitchen for something to eat before remembering he made a sandwich for himself.

Licking his lips he opens the fridge and looks for a plastic container he put his sandwich in and opens it.

"What...?"

He says in disbelief at seeing only crumbs and no sandwich, then-

"Y/n? Whatcha doing buddy?" Y/n father asks looking over his shoulder. His eyes land on the empty container and he smiles.

"That was a really good sandwich your mother sure knows how to cook. Anyways I'll leave you be kiddo."

He ruffles his hair and leaves him there. Y/n just stands there looking on in denial at what happened before reality gripped at him.

///////////////The next day////////////

Y/n POV

Science was boring.

Or more specifically biology. I sigh and lean my head on my hand looking to my right hoping for anything to catch my attention. School was uneventful, homeroom was the same, lunch was okay since I got to talk with yauso about our plans for the week. My other classes were just passing the time and move on to the next.

Just then movement form my left makes me peer at my seatmate.

Evelynn wore a sore expression seemingly as bored as I am staring blankly in front of her.

That's right we share another seat next to each other.

I know I said that I would stay away from her but it was kind of hard when we are seated with each other. I look away as the bell rings and everyone starts to pack up but the teacher stops us.

"Sorry everyone but I have something to tell you all. I don't usually do this but I'll be assigning you all a project do by this week." I roll my eyes and hear the tired groans of students.

"What?!"

"Man this is such bullsh-"

"Why did I even come to school?"

"Bro thinks I'm actually going to do it."

"This project counts for a good percent of your grade so I suggest doing it." The teacher says with a smile. The audacity is real.

"Nevermind guess I'm doing it."

"Thanks for jinxing it asshat."

I personally didn't really care about doing a dumb project since I could probably do it by myself anyways-

"I'll be assigning partners-"

Really-

"Bro what?!"

"Say I won't jump out this window."

I glance at Evelynn to see she still had that bored expression on. What is she thinking about?

The teacher started calling out students to be partners and I just sat there not listening and was thinking about how I could speed run a game I've gotten good at so overall I wasn't paying attention.

Untill...

"Y/n and Evelynn. You two will be partners."

This day can't get any worse.

Eve POV

Science was more boring then usual so the time ticking down felt dragged out and I wanted nothing more than to quench my thirst.

Just as the bell ring the teacher at the front stops us from leaving. I sigh and sit back down he better have a good reason for wasting MY time.

"Sorry everyone but I have something to tell you all. I don't usually do this but I'll be assigning you all a project do by this week."

Project? Well I guess that was fine. I can just team up with one of the girls.

I look to Ahri and she gives a nod in return. Alright this should be an easy project nonetheless.

"Jinx and Gwen."

"Lux and Ace."

...
...
...
...
...
...
"Ahri and Sett."

Hmm? I think I must have misheard that. What did he just say? My bestfriend teamed with that jackass? No, this cannot be happening.

I look at Ahri and she sends me an apologetic look-still, I could see a hint of excitement at being partnered up with sett. Her looking at him tells me it. But the way he looks back at her...

I dig my claws on the table unconsciously making it.

"Y/n and Evelynn. You two will be partners."

...what?

Me being partners with HIM?

I am going to get this teacher fired by the end of the week!

I briefly look to him

And you...

If you think that nonchalant attitude is going to do you any good I swear I'll make you disappear by the end of the year if you think you can just tarnish my A in this class.

Mark my words y/n l/n I'll leave your heart bleeding on the pavement.