Off to Crown City!

The next day, Scooby and the gang were in a diner on the more rural side of their home town of Coolsville. Scooby and Shaggy of course were having an item that had a bit of everything possible on it, Fred was enjoying some spaghetti, Daphne was having a steak, and Velma was having a salad, Fred even having a newspaper to read.

"Get this, gang." Fred says, looking at the front page article of the newspaper. "'Crown City Museum to expand it's 'Mysteries of Ancient History' exhibit with a recently discovered pyramid-like device.'."

"Does it say how recently this ancient device was discovered?" Velma asks

Fred looked further into the newspaper article.

"It says that the ancient device was discovered last week in the Great Basin Desert in an archeological dig site. Only thing the people on the site found during the dig." Fred explained

"Man, I do not wanna be the one to accidentally unleash whatever power that thing holds onto the world." Shaggy comments

"Oh you don't have to worry about that, Shaggy." Daphne says, looking at the newspaper. "It's case will be made out of a type of glass resistant to all sorts of weapons. And will only be normally openable by a code."

"Still, though, even with that being taken into account, I still don't wanna, like, even TRY to imagine what kinds of things using that device could do, ya know?" Shaggy comments

"RUh huh." Scooby comments, nodding in response

"Well, gang, after our meal, we should get going." Fred comments

"I would LOVE to see that exhibit some day." Velma say as she finished her salad

The gang finished their meals and when they got into the Mystery Machine, which was, again, Retropoint in his vehicle mode, after everyone got their seatbelts on, Shaggy's phone began ringing.

"You might wanna answer that, partner." Retropoint stated. "Got a feelin it's important."

"Right. Right." Shaggy comments, reaching into his pocket and pulling out his phone. "This is Shaggy Rogers speaking......hey, Uncle Denny! Like, how've you been?.....Oh that's god to hear....you saw the news article about the House of Cars factory phantom?.....Yeah that's not even the scariest case and that guy was pretty scary. Say, the gang and I were about to leave a diner we just had a meal at......oh, you were gonna anyways? Cool! See ya then!"

Shaggy then hung up.

"Gang, think we can head to Crown City?" Shaggy asks. "My uncle wants to meet us in person and catch up with me. He owns a car junkyard business in the city."

"Sure thing." Fred comments. "We might even be able to slip by the museum while we're there when the exhibit opens."

"Sounds good to me." Retropoint comments

"Sure." Velma says, straightening her glasses

"Count me in too." Daphne says

"Then let's go." Fred comments

They then headed off to Crown City, Meanwhile, in the museum, the place was currently closed for renovations to make room for the upcoming new exhibit, which the case of it holding the thing was installed and whatnot already, but it was covered with a cloth and the room itself was not yet finished.

A security guard was walking around in the museum, humming and whistling. Not aware some sort of ghostly figure was closely following him in the dark shadows of the building.

The ghost, whatever it was, seemed to be waring a suit of ancient armor, looking to be from the Qing Dynasty time era. It shoved a box over and then quickly ducked out of sight. The box hitting the floor alerted the guard.

"Who's there??!!!?!?!??" The guard questioned, spinning around

The guard then carefully went to investigate the noise. But pulled out his security guard issued taser.

"Joseph, if that's you, this ain't funny, man!!" The guard says

The guard was  slowly stepping closer to the box, the ghost being ready for some form of an attack.

"Wait a minute.....Joseph only comes in on Tuesdays and Fridays....it's a Monday." The guard quietly says to himself. "If it's not him, then who even is it?"

The guard then stepped in range of the box and the ghost jumped out, letting out a snarl and growl.

"YEOW!!!! A G-G-G-G-G-G-GHOST!!!!!!!" The guard yelped, dropping his taser AND flashlight as he fell to the ground

The guard was slowly crawling backwards, the ghost slowly stepping forward.

"P-Please....leave me alone! I was just doing my job!!" The guard says

The ghost pulled out a sword, which caused the guard to get up and flee, running straight out the door of the building, screaming for his life and at the top of his lungs, the ghost retreating into the darkness of the museum's shadows.