I Have a Therapy Session

The sun hit my eyes and I blinked carefully. My body felt heavy— like always— but I felt warmth  in my hand. My right arm was up and over... towards Astraea. 

I looked up and rolled over, keeping my hand in place and my eyes widened. She was out cold and slept like me with one arm up and over. Her hand was in mine.

My eyes widened as my face heated up.

Pull yourself together. This is the one time a girl will ever touch you!

I laid back down as my face was burning. I closed my eyes and pretended to be asleep, but soon I felt her hand lift off of mine. I closed my eyes but I felt her stare.

I gave a small yawn and pretend to wake up. 

Ha, nailed it... I think.

I looked up at Astraea as she looked at me carefully. I watched as golden letter seemed to form in her eyes.

"Astraea?!"

She collapsed to the ground and my eyes widened. Her body started to shake and my eyes widened.

"TYLER?!"

I looked up as Tyler jumped down. He ran over and grabbed Astraea's bag and pulled out a vile of golden liquid. 

Her body shook in my arms as golden words glowed in her eyes. 

Tyler ran over and slid over as Astraea closed her eyes. The shaking stopped and I stared. 

IS THIS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN A GIRL HOLD'S A GUY'S HAND ON ACCIDENT?!

Her eyes open and she jumped back. She pulled her bow and arrow out and pointed at me.

Jesse, I'm sorry, but you don't have to act like that! Just tell me!

Her breath was heavy as her face was in shock and fear. Her eyes pleaded as the arrow was pointed at my head.

Tyler jumped up and lowered Astraea's bow as she didn't dare let her guard down.

"That's that it's about!" She said with tears in her eyes.

"What what's about?!"

" 'The Son of War shall Slaughter them' ." 

My eyes widened and I looked at my hands. They shook rapidly from adrenaline and surprise.

"Astraea... what do you mean?!" Tyler begged.

Astraea kept her eyes on me. I watched as she looked down with regret.

"I'm not allowed to say."

"What do you mean?" I said standing up. I felt my blood boil in my veins. "You just told me that I'm going to kill people! I need to know!" I begged.

Astraea shook her head. She looked down carefully as thoughts ran through her head.

"ASTRAEA! PLEASE!" I yelled.

She shook her head and looked up. "If I tell you then what might happen will  happen. You can't challenge the Fates."

I wanted to punch her, and beg on end. I felt the need to fight for the answer.

I turned around and stormed into the woods. I slammed my fist into the first tree I saw. A large dent in the tree shown as more anger boiled.

Why wouldn't she tell me?!

I punched the tree again as my fist went through. I don't know what took over me but I started beating the tree up.

I wanted to scream.

"Hey buddy."

I turned around and punched.

I heard a knick and looked up. Tyler gave a small smile as he lowered his shield. My fist broke through the metal shield.

I pulled my fist through and looked at my hands a few cuts were on my hands, but small.

"Sit. Let's have a chat."

I didn't have a choice. A vine grabbed me and yanked me down onto my butt. Tyler went to sit down as vines sprung from the ground and made him a seat. 

I glared as vines tightened around me, keeping me down.

"So, you're angry,"

"AM I?! WOW WHAT A SUPRI—"

"And need to chill." Tyler finished. "Trust me, I was your age too."

"You're two years older."

"Two years and six months." He said firmly. "But, who's counting?"

"You."

Tyler gave a shrug.

"Look, Cole, it's clear you're having changes."

I stared at him uncomfortably. "I... I've had this talk before..."

"EW NO!" Tyler said jumping up. "Not  that one! The, you like a girl but are mad at her one! Not the other one!"

My face heated up as my anger was filled with embarrassment. 

"How did you?"

"Because you suck at hiding it." Tyler said sitting back down. "Like, you suck badly."

"You don't have to tell me I suck." I mumbled.

Tyler rolled his eyes. "I tell you, because you need to know. Now that we've had a little chat and you're calmed down, let's continue on this stupid quest okay?"

I looked at Tyler carefully. His green eyes seemed to have a smile to themselves.

"How did you know—"

"Look, I date a girl from Aphrodite cabin. You know things." He said with a shudder.

I raised an eyebrow as the vines around me went back into the ground. He extended a hand and I took it. Tyler went to pull me up and froze.

"How much do you weigh?!"

"Are you calling me fat?!"

"You're not fat. Holly—" 

Tyler let go of my hand and forced me to get up on my own. He stared at me carefully before o I realized I was a little taller than him. 

"You said you keep getting stronger and taller right?"

"Yeah... why?"

Tyler raised an eyebrow. "Most blessings from ares don't last like this. I... what did you do?"

"What do you mean, what did I do? I do a lot of stuff." I said folding my arms.

Tyler gave a small nod. "True. But, did you do something to make anyone mad?"

"Not that I know of. Unless a cyclops counts." I mumbled.

Tyler nodded carefully. "Does it hurt?"

"A little bit." 

Tyler gave a nod and looked at me. His mind seemed to have possible answers that he didn't want to share. 

"Let's get outa here. Astraea was killing the fire and packing everything up."

I gave a small nod and cracked my neck carefully. We walked back to our campsite area, and Astraea had done a good job. 

I picked my backpack up, and put it on as I looked it Astraea. She stared at me carefully as if judging if I was going to run my sword through her. 

I looked down and gave a small sigh. I glanced at Tyler who gave me a wink as we started walking to New Jersey.