XI

The night was cold, colder than it's been anywhere near the castle. The soft sounds of rain fill the air with a sense of beauty.

"Link?" You ask softly, in a tone just loud enough to wake him up.
He grumbles slightly, his eyes fluttering open.

"What's the matter Y/N?"
"Just listen..."

Link stops, closing his eyes and embracing the serene sounds around him.

"This is beautiful..." Link whispers.

You wrap you arms around his waist, pulling yourself closer to him.
He puts an arm around you shoulder, the two of you just sit in silence and listen to the beauty of your new home.

Time passes and you wake up in his arms. The birds chirping outside leaving a comforting feeling to you.
You get out of bed and stretch your arms, a slight moan leaves your lips.

You hear Link stir in bed.

With a small smile, you walk back over to the bed.

"Linkkk... Wake uppp..." You whisper playfully into his ear.

His eyes open and he looks over to you, giving you a quick peck on the lips.

"Good morning Y/N"
"I wanna go on a walk right now, you wanna join?"

Link nods sleepily as he gets out of bed and throws on some clothes.

The two of you leave the cabin hand in hand. As you walk, you come across the ruins of a Guardian. A chill comes across your skin, the hair on your arms and neck stick up. But none of that came close to Link's reaction. You could tell he was suppressing an expression of pure horror.

The two of you decide to head back. You practically cling to Link, just to let him know you're there with him.

The walk back to the cabin wasn't too long, but it felt like hours. That night Link fell asleep in your arms.