Who do you think you are?

I sat at the dining table in the dinning room, eating and thinking about the other day's events

I sat at the dining table in the dinning room, eating and thinking about the other day's events. Lying to my brother made me feel guilty, although I've done it before. I should put a stop to it. As I thought I poked and proded spaghetti not haveing much of an apatite.

"Where were you?" Dimitri's voice snapped me from my thoughts. I scanned he wore a beige long sleeves rolled up, black jeans, a Ferragamo belt, and a silver Cartier watch. He'd become an attractive man by society's standards—tall, bushy eyebrows that seemed fitting now but made me think they were caterpillars as a kid, dark brown dishevelled hair, and a stumbled face. His dark eyes full of hatred  almost looked black. I let out a sigh resting my chin on my hand, my elbow resting on the long table.

"Your scar's gone," I remarked ignoring what he said before. When I did he instinctively touched his right brow. With a sigh and a stony look on his face, he approached me at the table. "In my room," I replied, standing to avoid being towered over by him. "You're not great at caregiving; you didn't even notice a kid missing from your care." I chuckled, "Little advice don't have kids," I said, grabbing my plate and walking to leave, but his grip on my arm stopped me.

"Don't pull stunts like that again." I withdrew my arm looking up at him my jaw set  and walked off.

Who does he think he is?

_____

"Stella!" Teresa caught up to me in the hallway. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. Sorry, I didn't get your calls; my phone was on silent. I was worried about bleeding through my pants."

"Thank God you're okay. I was so worried."

"Thanks for caring." I smiled.

"I only worry about friends, and you're one of them," Teresa said genuinely.

"You are too." We exchanged smiles.

"Anyway, now that everything's clear, there's a party later today."

"A party?"

"Yeah, and it might be your first."

"Who said I'm going?"

"I did."

"No discussion?"

"Nope," Teresa replied, popping the 'P'.

"Fine, where's the party?"

"I'll text you the details."

As we headed to our usual table in the cafeteria, I noticed new faces— a mixed guy with light brown eyes, he's tall like the rest of the guys, athletic, and has striking appearance. He also had a confident and easygoing demeanor, with a charming smile. Beside him was another guy, with a bleach blond buzz cut and a silver cross earring dangling from his ear. A hoop piercing adorned his nose, and he had this edgy, skater-inspired look. Clad in a patchwork sweater, he had a cool and carefree vibe that was impossible to ignore.