Prologue

It had been a long time since the Star Allies had gotten together. Ever since saving Popstar and many other worlds from the threat known as Void Termina, there hasn't been a big enough threat to warrant assembling all the members. The closest was when many of Popstar's residents had been warped to the Forgotten World by Fecto Forgo, but Kirby, Bandana Waddle Dee, and their new friend Elfilin had all managed to take care of it without the need of the Star Allies. And other threats such as other forms of Dark Matter, had not been seen since. So it seemed like everything was at peace. Still, Kirby missed having all of his friends/sort of friends together.

One day though, Kirby's wishes had been granted. As Meta Knight of all people, asked all the members of the Star Allies to come to a picnic arranged by him.

Not everyone was able to attend, Kine had been asked by some other fish to participate in a swimming contest, and Rick, Chuchu, Pitch, Nago, and Coo wanted to watch and root for him. Daroach was able to come, but according to him the rest of The Squeaks couldn't, on the count that they were "acquiring" some treasure. And Dark Meta Knight just outright said no to coming altogether.

Even if only most of the Star Allies were coming, it still made Kirby happy that he was going to see some of his friends all together again. There was one friend he definitely did not want to miss out on this, and that was Elfilin. Thanks to the stable connection between realms, Elfilin was able to open a portal to the Forgotten World and Dreamland anytime he wanted to be in either place, and they had figured out a good system where Elfilin would stay in Dreamland for the weekend, then go back to the Forgotten World and stay there until the next weekend, sometimes Elfilin's stay in either world got extended, and sometimes Kirby would go with him to the Forgotten World. To Kirby's delight, this picnic was happening over a weekend. Before having his best friend come to his world, Kirby wanted to make sure he brought stuff he'd like to have to the picnic, so Kirby headed to the Forgotten World via a stable portal Elfilin opened up for him, happily greeted Elfilin, and helped him gather things he would need for the picnic.

"Okay Elfilin! Ready to go?" Kirby eagerly asked.

"Yup! All set!" Elfilin happily nodded.

Suddenly, Elfilin's nose started to twitch a bit.
"Achoo!" He sneezed, a small crackling affect emitting not long after he did so.

Kirby looked up at his small flying friend. "Bless you! You okay?"

"Oh yeah." Elfilin reassured him "I have been sneezing a lot, but I don't feel sick, it's probably (And hopefully) just allergies."

Kirby kept looking at his friend, then he nodded "Okie dokie!" he said "No need to worry then!"

Kirby was sure that his friend was right and that he was fine, but what was that weird effect that happened when he sneezed? Hopefully nothing...

Elfilin then opened up a portal to Dreamland and the two friends headed on through. When they walked through the portal, it brought the two to a nice grassy field in Dreamland. There they saw most of the Star Allies sitting together on a series of picnic blankets just ahead of them.

Kirby couldn't contain his excitement, and ran straight to his friends. "Hai everyone!" He exclaimed with joy. "It's so good to see you all again!"

The first friend that greeted Kirby back was Adeleine, along with Ribbon and Bandana Waddle Dee, with whom she had been chatting with. "Hey Kirby! It's nice to see you too!"

Adeleine gave Kirby a high five as soon as he stepped onto the picnic blanket. Then Ribbon gave Kirby a massive hug, happy to see someone she admired so much. Bandana Waddle Dee also gave Kirby a high five, though not as big as Adeleine's since he and Kirby saw each other often. In fact, yesterday they did nothing but play together!