Part One Chapter One

Part One: Wacky World
Chapter 1: New World, and New Bodies.

Kirby wasn't sure how long he had been out, but he could feel himself starting to regain consciousness.

He was also starting to regain his senses, his body felt so weird...

As he continued to regain consciousness, Kirby noticed there was talking, but he didn't recognize the voices.

"What is this thing?" asked one voice.

"I don't know..." another voice responded, this voice sounding deeper and more serious. "In all my voyages, I've never seen a creature or a Cookie like this before."

Kirby was very confused. A cookie? What about cookies? Was there a cookie on his face?

"Excuse me," said the first voice "little round pink Cookie, are you a passenger?"

Kirby tried to open his eyes, while doing so he started to hear another voice. This one sounding familiar.

"Kirby!! Kirby wake up!"

Kirby fluttered his eyes open, and saw an environment filled with stars and two silhouettes he didn't recognize standing over him.

But then he blinked, the starry environment was replaced with a forest, and a silhouette he did know.

"Bandana?" Kirby drowsily said, sitting up.

"Oh thank goodness you're awake Kirby!" a relieved Bandana Dee exclaimed. "I'm so glad I was able to find you!"

Hearing that made Kirby instantly remember the situation and what had happened leading up to this, resulting in him feeling fully awake.

Standing up, Kirby looked around the environment. It seemed like a standard forest, but the air smelled so sweet and sugary.

"Where are we?" Kirby asked, turning his attention to Bandana Waddle Dee. When he did so however, his eyes widened with surprise. "And what the heck happened to you????"

Bandana looked mostly like himself, but he looked flatter, and his eyes had no black outlines, his eyes being outlined by his chestnut and maroonish eye color. And his skin looked... crispy.

"It's not just me! Look at you!" said Bandana Dee, pointing at a conveniently nearby puddle for Kirby to look into.

As soon as Kirby looked into the puddle and saw his reflection, he jumped in surprise.

He too looked a little flat, and his eyes were outlined by his blue eye color. Speaking of outlines, his mouth was just an outline. No matter how wide he tried to open it, he couldn't see a tongue or any other part of the mouth anywhere. Even though he couldn't see them, he could still feel them.

Looking closer into the reflection in the puddle, Kirby noticed his skin also looked crispy. Rubbing his hands together to try to feel it, it definitely felt crispy, crumbly, and kinda soft.

Kind of like a cookie...

"Bandana!" Kirby waved his hands in the air "I think we've been turned into cookies!"

Kirby wasn't sure how to feel about this. On the one hand, it wasn't the first time he had been transformed into something strange- recalling that one time he landed in a world made of arts and crafts and was turned into yarn. Being turned into a cookie did feel slightly better, as he felt more solid. But on the other hand, he was turned into something that was usually classified as a tasty treat! And now he was living and breathing as one!

He did realize it could have been worse, at least he didn't turn into a cake. He couldn't even imagine what would happen if he had been turned into his favorite food!