Initiation, Dorms, and an Annoying Chicken (Part 1)

8:00am

In the morning, Ruby and Yang were in the locker rooms getting ready for the initiation.

Yang: So, you seem awfully chipper this morning.

Ruby: Yep, no more awkward small talk or getting to know you stuff, today I get to let my sweetheart do the talking. *Pets Cresent Rose*

Yang: Well, remember Ruby, you're not the only one going through initiation. If you want to grow up, you're going to have to learn to meet new people and work together.

Ruby: Ugh! You sound like dad! Okay, first of all, what does meeting people have to do with fighting, and secondly, I don't need people to help me grow up, I drink milk.

Yang: Well, what about when we form teams?

Ruby: Um, I don't know, I'll just be on your team or something.

Yang: Maybe you should try being on someone else's team?

Ruby: My dearest sister Yang, are you implying that you do not wish to be on the same team as me?

Yang: What!? No. I just thought it might help you, break out of your shell.

Ruby: What the!? I don't need to break out of my shell, that's absolutely-

Jaune: ridiculous! There's no way I put my gear in locker 636 yesterday. I would've remembered having to count that high. Why does this have to happen today?

Weiss: So, Phyrra, have you given any thought to whose team you would like to be on? I'm sure everyone must be eager to unite with such a strong well-known individual such as yourself.

Phyrra: Hmm, I'm not quite sure, I was planning on letting the chips fall where they may.

Weiss: Well, I was thinking maybe we could be on a team together.

Phyrra: Well, that sounds grand.

Weiss: Great! POV* This will be perfect! The strongest girl in class combined with the smartest girl in class! Together we will be unstoppable! I can already see it now, we'll be popular, we'll be celebrities, we'll get perfect grades, nothing could come between us now!

Jaune: You know what else is great? Me, Jaune Arc, nice to meet you.

Weiss: Ugh, you again?

Phyrra: Nice to meet you, Jaune. 

Jaune: Yeah yeah, so, Weiss, couldn't help but overhear your fondness of me the other day.

Weiss: Oh, you've got to be kidding me.

Jaune: Don't worry, no need to be embarrassed. So, been hearing rumors about teams, I was thinking you and me would make a good one, what do you say?

Phyrra: Actually, I think the teams are comprised of four students each.

Jaune: You don't say, well hot stuff, play your cards right, and maybe you could join up with the winning team.

Weiss: Jaune, is it? Do you have any idea who you are talking to?

Jaune: Not the slightest, Snow angel.

Weiss: This is Phyrra.

Phyrra: Hello, again.

Weiss: Phyrra graduated top of her class at Sanctum.

Jaune: Nerver heard of it.

Weiss: She's won the Mistle regional tournaments four years in a row, a new record.

Jaune: The what?

Weiss: She's on the front of every Pumpkin Pete's Marshmallow Flakes box?

Jaune: That's you? They only do that for star athletes and cartoon characters.