A World Of Stories - Part 8

My feet felt like jelly when I walked down to the witch's hut. I knocked 3 times on the door, then ran to hide, picking up the pail of sand on the way. Slowly, the door opened.

"Who's there?" Screeched an old lady with green skin and a pointy nose.

I held my breath.

"Just a few more steps..." I thought.

"THERE!" I thought again.

Suddenly, I jumped out of my hiding spot and dunked the sand onto the witch's head, as the witch was very short and skinny.

"H-Ha! L-Look at you! D-Do you want me to eat you, s-sand-witch?" I taunted, trying to keep the stutter out of my voice but failing miserably.

"You can't even form words, you idiotic child!" the witch mocked, flailing her hands around.

"Shut up, sand-witch. All you are is a remnant of the gods, meaning that your status is as low as a human, as we all know that sand-witches are powerless," Avery shrieked.

"I-I,"the witch stammered, "You are paying for this."

The witch stomped over towards me. My legs trembled as my head whispered one word - run. I dodged around fallen leaves, lept across the lake and kept bolting for safety.

"Hey! It's fine. Look at her," Billie cried, obviously trying to muffle the giggles.

I twisted my head around and noticed a body crumpling towards the lake. Its noticeable green skin slowly turned lifeless and all that remained was a skeleton.

"Oops," I giggled as I forgot the witch's weakness was water.