A World Of Stories - Part 3

"I can't believe that I found the key under the dusty old mat. I'm so awesome and smart, aren't I, Danny?" Connel boasted.

"Umm...Sure, I guess." Danny replied, laughing nervously.

I shared a look with Avery and Billie.

"Sure you are." Billie said, rolling her eyes.

"See? Even Billie thinks I'm smart and awesome!" Connel exclaimed.

Behind me, I heard Avery groan. I understood.

"Ever heard of sarcasm!?" I asked, not so politely.

"Um, actually, yes, I have. Why?" Connel asked me, using the exact same tone of voice I did. "I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't. You don't have that big of a brain anyway." Billie says casually.

Avery and I burst out laughing while Connel started throwing a tantrum.

"Umm, guys? The fire red trail is gone now. Should we go in?" Danny asked us.

"Huh? Go where?" I questioned.

As I looked up, I saw that in front of us, there was a huge quartz made castle with 4 towers. On each tower, there was a flag with a fairy in a pink background on it.

"Huh. I don't recognise that flag. I wonder who lives in that castle?" I pondered.

After a few minutes of debating, we decided to go in. As we walked under the majestic arch to the front of the castle, I saw that there were 2 guards dressed in silver armour like Danny did. The only difference was that they each had a sword but Danny didn't.

"Um, hello. Can we go into the castle?" I queried.

"We will have to ask her majesty." One of the guards told us.

I noticed that he was short and chubby with brown hair and hazel eyes.

"I'll guard the door. You go in and ask." The chubby guard told the other guard.

After a few minutes, the guard came back and let us in. As soon as we walked into the castle, I was mesmerised. There were tapestries of beautiful flower gardens hanging in the hallway inside and natural sunlight coming from the big windows on either side. In a throne made of what looked like flowers, sat the queen.