Vol-1: Chapter 2

‘…… Ty, Etty.'
Huh.
'I like you.  I like you a lot.'
Me too.
'Therefore ….. Give. Certainly…….’
What? I can not hear you.
'Good bye.'
No, I hate it, Chard. Don't go. Don't leave me alone in this hell please.

"Omg…… !”

A harsh breath escaped from between tightly closed lips. Étienne grabbed his blanket and caught his breathe.

What was that dream?

Étienne opened and closed his eyes to catch the remnants of his dream.
I think I had a dream that I missed something but I can't remember.
Instead, a sad and melancholy sensation clung to his body.

“Haah”

Etienne, unable to recall the dream, took a long breathe and tried to calm his thumping heart. Even when he woke up, his body felt heavy.

After blinking a few times while lying down, the sleepiness disappeared and his vision gradually became clearer. Étienne forced his body, which was limp like water-soaked cotton, to stand up.

"Your highness! You are awake!”

As Etienne got up from his seat, he heard a voice terribly happy.

“What a relief!”
“Ben…….”
Étienne frowned at the face of Ben, the attendant who had approached him. His voice was so loud that his head rang.

“Speak quietly.”

A lousy voice escaped from between his lips. Étienne was startled by his own voice. His voice was dry, like a tree cracked and twisted in a long drought.

"Sorry."

Ben quickly lowered his head at Etienne's concussion. He kept his mouth shut and studied Etienne's complexion. He came to his senses after a few days, but his complexion was pale, but he was fine.

“Can I get you some water?”
Ben grabbed the water bottle on the bedside table, relieved that Etienne's condition was better than expected. Since he hadn't woken up for a long time, he judged that his throat would be dry.
“Drink slowly.”

Étienne grabbed the glass of water as he listened to Ben's words. As Ben expected, he was very thirsty. Étienne impatiently brought the glass of water to his mouth. The cool water wetted his chapped lips and flowed into his parched mouth.

“Cough!”

He was afraid to drink water, so he coughed. The glass fell from Étinne's hand. Fortunately, thanks to Ben moving his arm quickly, the glass didn't break.
“Are you okay?”
“Cleub, ha, cough!”
T/N: Choking sound.

Étienne crouched down and coughed. Ben patted Etienne on the back with a puzzled face.

"I'm sorry, I'm really sorry."

Ben apologized with a teary face. After coughing a few more times, Étienne gestured as if he was okay. He said he had been drinking in a hurry, and Ben had nothing to apologize for.

“Haah”

Etienne, who had barely stopped his cough, leaned against the head of the bed with a weary face.

“… … How long was I lost this time?”
“Three days.”
Ben answered Etienne's question in a cautious tone. In case Etienne would be shocked, he seemed concerned.
“Three days…… I slept longer than expected.”

Etienne murmured like a sigh. He slowly opened and closed his fists with an expressionless face. There were blue bruises on his wrists.

Damn it!

For an instant, Etienne's expression twisted. He glared at his trembling fingertips. Étienne recalled the situation before he passed out as calmly as possible.

This heat cycle came without any warning. The intensity was also strong because it had been almost half a year. Etienne locked the door as soon as he realized it was a heat cycle. He tried to suppress his feverish body with the sedatives brought by the palace doctor.
But to no avail. Etienne half lost his temper and ran amok. He couldn't bring himself to his senses because of his desires that filled his head.

'Huh. Ah, black... … .’
'No, anyone, haah, anyone is fine, please, uhh.'
T/N: Heavy breathing.

When his instincts as an omega were not resolved, reason disappeared. Having lost his will, he howled almost like a beast. He couldn't fall asleep even after taking sleeping pills.

He didn't know what terrible things would have happened if he hadn't tied his wrists and ankles himself in anticipation of the loss of reason.
He didn't know how much time has passed in that state. If you ask Ben, he'll answer, but he doesn't bother to know.
From one point, it was just a blackout. Either he lost his sanity completely, or he lost his mind, or both.

Etienne, tracing over his faint memories, gave up thinking about it any further. And he asked about what he had been wondering about since before.

“What did the palace say?”
“They say that it seems like the side effects of the inhibitors have come. He said that he would visit Her Highness soon, conduct an examination, and develop a new medicine according to the results.”
“In the meantime, tell them to change the sedative.”
"Yes?"
“I think I developed a tolerance. It had little effect this time.”

At Etienne's words, Ben's forehead wrinkled mercilessly. The fact that the sedative didn't work meant that Etienne continued to suffer from an unquenchable desire until he passed out.

“…… I will tell the courtier."

Etienne nodded instead of answering. He was hungry and his head hurt, probably because he had only woken up after a few days. He thought he should eat something, but he heard a small voice outside her door.

“Your Highness the Prince.”
“Who are you?”
Ben frowned at the voice outside the door. He bit all of her courtiers while Etienne went through his  heat cycle. To do such a thing without Ben's permission, the chief attendant, was to say that he was not from the prince's palace.

“Her Majesty The Empress is calling.”
Just as expected.
The owner of the voice was a lady-in-waiting for the empress. The uninvited guest who came suddenly conveyed the Empress's words without Ben having time to say anything.

“Her Majesty the Empress?”
"Yes. She called you straight to the palace.”
"This!"
When he heard that the Empress was looking for Etienne, Ben made an expression of astonishment. He wondered how she would know and seek as soon as he awoke, as her face had not been shown once while Étienne had lost his mind.

"Are you okay?"

Étienne stopped Ben from saying anything. It will be him who will get into trouble if Ben gets into trouble with the lady-in-waiting .

“I need to wash up before I go.”

She told me to come right away, but if I go without washing, there will be sarcasm and bad orders again. Etienne ordered with a calm face.

“Prepare the bath water.”
“…… All right."
Ben, who had his lips pursed in distress, answered with a sigh. While Ben went to the bathroom, Étienne rose from his seat, using the bedpost for support. Even just that amount of movement, it was beyond his strength.

"If you find it, I'll give it to you....”
Etienne muttered in a subdued voice.

There was a fear that could not be hidden on his face.