五十八

Taehyung waited for what felt like an eternity for Dr Seung and the partners to come back into the room and speak with him on his revelation, but there was no sign. He felt paralysed in his chair, unable to think about anything other than the fact he knew he would be in big trouble now. How big that trouble was was not yet clear since he had gotten no more information, even when Dr In was ushered out of the room shortly after the others originally left.

So he sat subconsciously picking the skin near his finger nails until there was blood. He checked the time on his watch and the evening was drawing closer, he knew he had made plans to meet Hoseok but he couldn't even muster up the strength to message and say he'd be late or even make it at all.

Eventually, his attention was brought back to the room when Dr Seung reappeared, this time alone. It had been more than hour since they had left together and Taehyung wasn't sure what had gone in that hour or if they had spoken to anyone else.

As Dr Seung sat into the seat in front of him, Taehyung straightened up and tried to calm down as he waited for him to speak. His senior looked at him for several minutes as if trying to string a sentence together in his head professionally rather than jump down his throat with further accusations. Then, he clicked the iPad on which Taehyung assumed would be the restart of the recording but he was surprised when he heard the sound of a file being sent to the recycling bin.

"I spoke with Dr Yun and Dr In on how to proceed Taehyung and before I keep going with this by myself as I am the main doctor both you and Hoseok had interacted with and who's back you went behind ultimately, I will be handling this alone. First thing I need to know is, does anyone else know about this thing you had going on with Hoseok?" Dr Seung eventually asked, trying his best to remain calm and professional.

Taehyung immediately shook his head and truthfully answered that he had no idea anyone else knew, but the person who took the photo obviously knew that they were linked to the practice.

"Did you ever do something inappropriate here in the office that another student or staff member may have caught on to? Obviously Taehyung I see a lot of people on a daily basis and I can't recall each instance where you would have interacted with Hoseok on the premise."

"Nothing happened here, I maybe saw him three times while I was working but it was literally only walking past him or something like that. I would never have done anything inappropriate."

Dr Seung only nodded his head slightly as he brought his hands to his face and sighed. He truthfully wasn't sure how to proceed with the allegation. During his discussion with his partners, Dr In was adamant that the council needed to be called in as well as the SNU board and the Jung family, as would be the expected protocol in such a circumstance, however Dr Yun and Dr Seung were very aware of the power and influence the Jung family had.

They worried about the legal repercussions this would have on them and although their legal team were excellent, they knew they would not be able to stand a chance if Hoseok's family caught wind of this gross misconduct that occurred under Dr Seung's apparent care. So, he had to make a decision, and fast.

"I'm not bringing this to the board," was all he said before waiting for a response from Taehyung.

Clearly, Taehyung was shocked and confused upon hearing this. He figured the only obvious next step would be for a formal review and he was now doubting if he heard him correctly.

"Sorry? You're not bringing it to the board?" he tried to clarify.

"Yes, what you have done could make us lose our business if his family were to find out and subsequently sue us. Do you have any idea who they even are? Look, I don't care what you do in your own time but you have completely overstepped the mark here. Hoseok is a mess of a case and this makes it a lot worse."